A Little Help

"Haise...!" Touka screeched sitting up in her bed, a bead of sweat dripping down her cheek. Or was that a tear? Either way, it was warm and a salty liquid.

"Touka!" Sasaki yelled back, a small chuckle leaving his lips which earned the investigator a hard glare from the purple haired barista. If he wasn't sitting in a chair a couple meters from her bed reading a book, he would've earned himself a hard slap. Removing his glasses, and placing them between the pages he left off at, he returned his silver eyed gaze back to the woman.

"It's was nothing. Just a bad dream." She finally muttered as the scent of the half ghoul lingered through the air. Swallowing, she lifted her legs over the edge of the bed and stood on bare feet.

"Touka-chan. Are you sure you wanna get up? I can make myself useful for you." Sasaki muttered and quickly reviewed his sentence as Touka gave him a horrified look. "Ahh- shit! Not in that way! I mean, a glass of water or something. I'll go get you some water!" The investigator shot to his feet and quickly walked out the door, setting his sights on the water faucet in her apartment. Taking out a clear glass, he turned around to fill it with water. As soon as the glass was filled, he stopped to look at the clear liquid.

He must've been staring off as he heard the floor creak behind him. Turning around to find Touka looking at the man, she coughed lightly. "Hell, if I knew you were gonna take this long I would've gotten it myself."

"Uh... Sorry?"

"Useless." She joked and gave Sassan a light shove and picked up the glass that had been filled between two hands as she rested against the counter, staring out the window to see the lights of the small green space glowing brightly.

"That hurts." Sasaki muttered following Touka's gaze out the window to the glowing lights. "How pretty." He finally commented and to his surprise, the purple haired waitress flushed from the corner of his eyes."Did you?"

"Yeah. With a couple friends."

"Wait. Why am I here if you have friends in the building?!" The investigator whined, though he honestly didn't mind being around the woman.

"Their dead."

"Oh. I'm so-"

"Forget it. Their gone."

"Mmm." Sasaki responded with a hum, an odd throb in the back of his head causing him to flinch. Noticing how tired he was, his lids felt heavy with the hours of sleep he missed watching over Touka. He was assigned to her as the investigators rule states that you will be responsible for a victim of a ghoul attack if you come to their aid before the medics can.

"Hey. If you wanna sleep, I'll be fine for a couple hours."

"Alright, I mean, if you want to change your mind, just wake me up."

"It's fine. I have some spare clothes in the closet. Just sleep in my bed."

"Thank you very much Touka-chan." Sasaki bowed his head as he turned towards the room. As instructed, he dug through the closet until he found a couple pairs of men's pants and a couple t-shirts. Quickly changing out of his clothes and changing into the offered clothes, the scent of something- no someone familiar wafted around and it was certainly not Touka. Finding that a hint of jealously had struck him, he quickly shook it off. The barista certainly couldn't have felt the same way about him.

Blinking out of thought, he made his way to Touka's king sized bed that was way too large for one person and crawled under the sheets, allowing the sweet scent of coffee and the woman to comfort him. Feeling his eyes flutter at the smell, he must've laid there for a good twenty minutes until he parted his lids the smallest bit towards the door which was still open and watched through nearly closed eyes as Touka crept into the room and sat at the edge of the bed causing it to shift a slight amount. Scalp tingling as she drew out her hand and dragged it down his black and white strands as lightly as possible.