9

I woke up before my uncle for once. I showered and got dressed, drying my hair of when my uncle knocked on the door. I opened it right away and looked at him, the towel still in my hair. "Can I go to school today?"

He shook his head. "I think you're done with school."

I stared at him in shock. He couldn't take that away from me. It was the only thing I had left that wasn't him. If I didn't get space there was a good chance I'd snap completely and be screwed. "I want to graduate!" I said quickly while looking. down. "Please."

"No, then you'll try going to college and you're not leaving me." My uncle crossed his arms and shook hos head. "You're never leaving."

I swallowed thickly. Lie, say what he wants. "No, I promise, no college. I just want to go to school today." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Play his game. "I love you, why would I want to leave?"

He grabbed the towel from my hands and tossed it to the side. "If I let you go, you have to swear you won't leave me when you graduate. I'll let you finish the year." I nodded eagerly and he smiled. "Go get your stuff, I'll drop you off." I ran off to grab my backpack, throwing it on my shoulder with a smile.

I looked around the hallways with a small sense of relief. I wasn't surrounded by him anymore. I could just have a small bit of time to myself. "Louis?"

I turned around and saw Harry. He wasn't walking towards me and just stared. I don't know why, but I ran to him and threw my hands around him. He hugged me back tightly, and it took a lot in me not to start bawling right there. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," he mumbled. "Where have you been?"

"Sick, at home," I muttered. "I finally feel better so I'm back."

Harry hesitated before saying anything. "I'm glad you're back."

We walked around the school until Niall popped up. He pulled me to him tightly. "I swear to God, if you don't show up for more than a week again, I'm calling the cops and sending them over there."

"I'm okay, I was sick," I told him. "I swear I'm okay."

"I want the truth, even if you just tell me," Niall whispered. "I won't force you to do anything but please, just tell me what's been going on."

I shook my head to myself. "I'm fine, Niall, I swear."

Niall nodded. "I'm not pushing it again," he said as he pulled away. "But I'm kidnapping you, so figure out when I can do that."

"I'm not allowed to hang out with you guys, remember?" I asked, looking back and forth. I had to play completely by his rules to be able to even get a fraction of what I wanted. "I'm not trying to piss him off."

"I thought he doesn't care what you do," Niall pointed out.

"You two changed that," I lied quickly. "I want to, but I can't."

Harry and Niall both stayed quiet for a few minutes. "We could skip fifth hour and take an extra long lunch," Harry suggested.

"My uncle gets calls when I ditch. He'll know and I'll get in trouble." Especially when I begged him to come to school.

Niall smiled. "This will be easy. I'll talk to Mr. Hawk, get passed for all of us and we can go talk."

I shrugged. I was running out of excuses and I knew they were going to ask about the past two months with my spotty attendance. "We can try."