Three

We talked about the most silliest and random things.  Talking to you was like talking to my little teddy when I was young.  It was fun.  You were fun to be with.  You were always happy and everything stops when I talk to you.  Hearing your voice was something I wanted to hear every day.  You were really nice to me.  I felt like I knew you forever.

       You began to ask me personal questions which I never really expected.  I answered you truthfully.  I did the same; I asked some stuff about you.  You said that you love to play basketball and you sometimes play the guitar but never really played it to someone because you were afraid of what they might think.  You also told me that you were planning to go to University and study technology.  You told me that you love The Beatles and love the colour green.  You told me that you have an older sister and your dad works in another country.  You almost told me everything about you, which was really interesting. 

       Hearing that small details from you made me feel that I knew you well all along.

       As we were exploring through the woods, you would whistle in a certain tune and birds would respond with a harmony of tweets.  Doing that was natural for you.  It amazed me.  You were something special; I knew that even before we started talking.  You were a careful person, swiping all the plants that would get in my way.  You were a true gentleman; you really knew how to respect a girl.  I almost wished that all the boys in this planet could act the way you do.  You were one in a million.

       We stopped to sit by the lake, overlooking the beautiful horizon.  I’d never been to this part of the site before.  To you, it was nothing.  But for me, it was lovely.  You leaned on a rock; you were in the middle of telling me the story of how you fought with a monkey when you were little.  You told it so well that I could almost see the flashback in front of me.  There was a smile on your face while you were talking.  It seemed like you didn’t care about the world around us.  To me, you seemed so laid back.  Taking life as it should be taken.  You were wonderful.  You made me laugh.  You were something special.

       I think I was starting to like you. 

The night dropped and I was sitting with my aunt near the bonfire.  I caught a glimpse of you and your friends.  You were happy.  Laughing like an idiot.  I hope I could always see that priceless smile of yours.

       But then, there was this girl who was sitting right next to you.  She was talking to you.  Probably flirting.  I felt sick in my tummy.  I know I shouldn’t be feeling this way, because I was still a stranger to you. 

       Your other friends began teasing you to her.  Telling you that you should go out with her.  I waited for your reaction.  You just smiled and acted way different.  It was like you really liked her; I could tell by just looking into your dusky eyes.  But it seemed that you were faking it at the same time.

       I wish you were faking it.  Because I don’t want you to be with her.

       All I could hear were your friends’ laughter.  I sat their staring at the fire. 

       “So who was this boy you’re with?” aunt asked.

       “No one.” I replied.

       “Care for some marsh mallows?”

       “I don’t feel like eating.”

       Seeing you with her made me feel so sad.  Because I feel like I would never see another boy as beautiful as you.

       I slept thinking about you the whole time.  Why couldn’t I have you?  Why was she in my place?  I really do like you.