Chapter 3: That's gonna leave a mark..

Start from the beginning

                          I immediately blush so many shades of red and stumble back. Once I did, I did't have any time to react at what just happened because I heard something fall on the ground behind me. I spun around and saw the same snake from earlier, still baring it's sharp, white fangs at me. James got up swiftly and took my wrist, and ran. In no time, we were away from the snake.

                          "Told.. You..! There was a snake!!" I panted wearily after running a good few meters away from the snake. "I thought you were joking!" James replied. I rolled my eyes and sat on the grass. I let out a deep sigh. "At least, none of us got poisoned or bitten." It was true, I'd rather get cut by something sharp-- Just not poison, I really don't like the thought of me, dying by poison in just a few minutes.

                          James sighed and sat down beside me. "Yeah, guess so," He said. As we both rested on the grass, I laid down on the ground and began to try spotting shapes that I would see on the clouds above me . James told me that he'd be back in a second after we both heard his cellphone ringing. He went out on the woods, a bit far away that I couldn't hear what hes saying. 

                           As I waited for James to return, I got up and looked around. I strolled about happily without a care in the world, picking wild flowers here and there. Just like old times. Until I heard a low groan nearby. It came from the bushes, but which ones? I scanned the area and listened carefully, upon hearing or seeing nothing I just shrugged it off. I followed the flowers that grew randomly in one spot to another, not realizing I were getting farther and farther away. 

                          By this time, I realized that James could probably be back now and I turned around to go back. But then, I heard the low groan. It was a bit louder. I look around, as more groaning continued. I realized it had been coming behind that large tree on my right. I slowly walked towards the tree and peeked on whatever was behind it. Gasping when I saw a man, he looked about in his late 30's. He was on the ground, limp. He wore a certain type of.. Security Guard Uniform? He was wearing something like that. Maybe he is a guard, but he's high ranked, maybe? I noticed his right side has a portion of his clothes ripped and died in red liquid. Without a thought, I strode over to his side, he twitched everyone and a while. He was still conscious, good?

                          "S-Sir.. Are you okay..?" I asked the man. He gave no response but just twitched, as if trying to tell me he needed help. His side wasn't getting any better. He was a stranger, but I couldn't just let him die out here! 

                          And with that, I slung his right arm over my shoulders, helping him get up. He flinches visibly every once and a while. I needed to get help.

                          "M-Ma'am.. You shouldn't be out here.. helping me.. It's dangerous in these parts.." He spoke up, coughing blood while at it. "Sir, you shouldn't speak for now, until we fix your wound up," I plainly said. But inside I was nervous and scared, what if this man didn't make it?? I started to limp towards the spot James and I was previously resting on. 

                          I felt the man hang his head down. Did he fall unconscious? Better than death.. I guess.. I need to find James.

                          I smile triumphantly as I saw the brown-haired teen in a distance. "Ja--" I heard a twig snap behind me. Effectively stopping me from talking. I couldn't look back, with fear of making the man I was helping's side bleed more and finding what or who is behind me. As far as I know, these woods doesn't have many visitors but me and James very often.