Chapter 2: I Nominate You

Your P.O.V

(Y/N)? (Y/N), Wake up! (Y/n)!

                       I flutter my eyes open ever so slowly. My sight is blurry, I could see a blurred face of a woman with (H/C)-colored hair tied back in a low ponytail. She seemed to have (E/C)-colored eyes. But I could still hear her familiar voice. My heart is pounding.. It hurts. It's as if.. As.. If..

                       Realization had hit me and my eyes automatically widened and I harshly suck air into my lungs. I hadn't realize I was holding my breath until now. My heart is still pounding loudly and my lungs are burning. I waited until the pain inside me faded. I panted in exhaustion for some reason. Maybe because of the lack of air?

                       My vision starts to become normal. Now I can clearly see the woman with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes. My mom. Her face was worried, it's evident in her facial features. "Honey, you were having a nightmare! I was so worried! You know how much of a worry-some person.." She said softly, her words seem to just pass through my ears. Woah, A nightmare? Really? I haven't have one in quite a while. I tried to re-call that so-called nightmare that mom's been blabbering about. I didn't focus on the words she say but absent-mindedly just kept on trying to remember.

                        "..Really?" I finally replied after a few moments, I noticed that my throat was a bit sore and my voice was raspy. My senses slowly returning to me as the sleepiness slowly fades away. I suddenly feel the heat of the suns rays from the windows, causing sweat to form from my skin. 

                       "Sweetie, are you sure you're alright? You were whimpering, gagging, like you had trouble breathing." She said as she put her palm into my forehead to check if I had a fever or anything. I put down her hand gently and smiled. "I'm fine mom." You re-assured her. She was doubtful though but she smiled back a few seconds later. "Well, it is a weekend. Do you wanna get a check-up from a doctor or?" She asked again. "No, I'm fine. Believe me, I just need some rest." I replied. "Okay then, take it easy okay. I'll call James and tell him to re-schedule your camping trip today so you can rest."

                       I frowned immediately. "No mom! I'm okay really! Look," I stood up and hopped off your bed and spun around. "See? I'm fine! Please don't cancel!" I pleaded with puppy dog eyes. I know how mom couldn't resist that look on my face. I just really don't want the camping canceled! She sighed in defeat after having to stare at my desperate expression. "Alright. Just be safe and be sure to call me if you need anything, okay?" 

~Timeskip~

                      "Mom, I'm going out!" I announced from the living room. I was facing the full-sized mirror near the stairs to see if there's anything wrong with my appearance or anything. "Have a good time!" mom answered from the kitchen. I saw her peek up from her newspaper to look at me. Then she shifted her gaze onto whatever article in the piece of paper she was currently reading on. "I will!" I smiled and opened the front door, exiting my warm, cozy home. 

                      Immediately I start jogging towards James' house. But I couldn't help but ask myself a few questions mentally. 

                      'Mom said something about me having a nightmare.. I was.. Gagging? Whimpering? I guess that's normal, it is a nightmare.' I try your best to recall my dream- or, nightmare, now that I'm fully awake. But no, I couldn't remember.. The tiniest bit I could only remember was being somewhere cold, lonely, and blurred. I walked and walked on the blurry place until my foot stepped on the edge of ground. Then I slipped. It felt like I fell on water after that. The feeling of the shallow, murky water is still fresh in my mind. And I remember that I couldn't breathe. The disgusting taste, the feeling of it's coldness to my skin, the feeling of being unable to actually see, like I was colorblind and all you could see was dull blue.