Chapter 9: Memory Lane

WARNING: Dark Themes, Swearing.

A/N : In the series of flashbacks that you will go through, please note that James Daniel Ivory isn't present in any of them yet.. This is BEN's side of the story before he ever seen James before. That par will be for later. (This is the only thing I added in this chapter, don't be alarmed ^^) Thank you for reading :D

Chapter 8: Memory Lane

BEN's P.O.V

September 10th, 11 Years ago..

"Class, this is Benjamin. He recently just moved in town with his parents and he's 6 years old. He'll be your new classmate from now on! Please be nice to him. Ben, you can take that seat near Aidan." The kindergarten teacher, Miss Karen smiled, gesturing to an empty seat next to a chubby little boy with black hair, drawing something in his little notebook.

Ben nodded and silently sat at the empty chair. The teacher continued on to her normal plans while the students listened obediently. He looked around his new classmates. He was extremely shy, wondering how he would ever make friends here.

He was writing down some notes the teacher told them to take when he saw this girl with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes a few seats to his left. She was scribbling something down in a sheet of pad paper then folded it. She told her classmates quietly kids to pass it down.

"Here," Aidan passed the paper to Ben. Ben didn't know which kid to pass it to next and looked at the girl questioningly. The girl mouthed something along the lines of 'Open it'.

Ben looked at the paper and obeyed. He unfolded it and written in it in crayon was; 'Hiya, I'm (Y/N)! Would you like to play with me after classes?'

September 26th...

In the playgrounds, as per usual, Ben didn't really have anyone to play with. So he just sat by the bushes and tried to enjoy his boring peace as much as possible. But it was sadly short-lived.

"Poor kid. You wanna play with us?" A boy neared Ben with a group of others. They looked about 2 or 3 years older than him.

Ben's eyes lit up. Was he finally going to make friends? As Ben was about to respond, the boy grinned and landed a painful punch at Ben's stomach. He groaned in pain. Never had anyone harmed him before.. This was new to him.

Ben started to tear up a little bit. The group only sneered and teased him for being a wimp instead of stopping.

They continued to get violent. They gripped him by his blonde locks and brought him up to their level. They teased him for being weak and not fighting back. Ben was starting to stutter and cry. They didn't stop until..

"Leave him alone." A new voice told the group.

The group turned to see a little girl behind them. Hands on her hips and giving them the hardest glare she could do. "Or else what??" One bully scoffed.

"This!" The little girl kneed him where the sun don't shine, she was faster than the bullies so they couldn't hurt her. She looked like a total badass. Avoiding the sloppy attacks the bullies intended to hurt her with gracefully. The group either got confused and hit each other or they would trip on the ground face-first. They eventually grew tired of this all.

"Ugh! You'll pay for this!!" One bully said, red-faced. He signaled his friends to run away, leaving Ben bewildered at the girl. The girl stood her ground, proudly smiling.