Chapter 74 : Lan Zhi Enter An Manor.

At an unspecified time, dazzling rosy clouds of dawn dyed red half the sky. The soft colors of dawn sprinkled over the entire Lan manor. The early morning sunlight was quiet and elegant, without the usual noisy atmosphere, it made people’s heart feel lighter and refreshed. Lan You Nian stood on one of the floors of the pavilion overlooking the entire Lan manor that was fully displayed in her eyes.

“Lan Qu,” Lan You Nian tilted her head, asking Lan Qu who stood beside her, “Is An manor’s sedan here yet?”

“Not yet, but it has already set off from An manor,” Lan Qu reported the news she received to her family’s young miss.

“Hmph, what An manor did was truly beautifully done. They only sent a small sedan with a few bearers and a guard to pick up Lan Zhi. Don’t know if An yiniang will be livid?” Lan Wu gloated over others’ misfortunes. In wealthy and influential families, when carrying in a concubine, if that concubine is favored, they will definitely send a large sedan and a pair of welcoming people plus a matchmaker. This was the basics of carrying in a concubine into the manor.

“If she loses her temper so easily, then it wouldn’t be An yiniang,” Lan You Nian withdrew her gaze from the glow of morning and walked into the pavilion, “This woman’s heart is more vicious than an average person, let alone that she still has a pair of children?”

“Young miss’s meaning is…,” Lan Qu arranged the breakfast as she asked.

“There’s no hurry, one by one,” Lan You Nian’s unveiled beautiful face bloomed with coldness. Not only did she cause her predecessor to become miserable, due to her poisoning, but it also forced her to take over this damaged body. Whether it’s for her predecessor or for herself, An yiniang cannot escape.

Lan Zhi was sitting in front of the bronze mirror, letting Lan manor’s mama and servant girls dress her up. The eyes that were cried red last night was now covered up under the rouge, not a trace of it can be detected. A rose-red (dark pink) wedding dress set off Lan Zhi’s nice hour-glass figure, making it even more attractive. Lan Zhi gazed at herself being so splendidly attired. Because concubines cannot wear bright red, Mother prepared this rose red wedding dress for her overnight. In reality, concubines did not need to wear a wedding dress, but Lan Zhi felt wronged so privately put on this wedding dress. After all, no matter what, it was her wedding day.

“Zhi’er, after entering An manor, you know you must observe speech and behavior. If you want to climb to the position of the main wife, you must firmly grasp the heart of your husband,” An yiniang combed her daughter’s head full of black hair like a normal mother reminding the daughter who was about to marry.

“Mother, Zhi’er understands,” After a night’s consideration, Lan Zhi knew what she should do, ”Big sister didn’t come?”

“Ya’er caught a cold today so can’t send you off. Didn’t mother come?” An yiniang combed Lan Zhi’s hair and replied.

Lan Zhi didn’t speak. She and her older sister’s relationship has always been solid. After all, the two of them were biological sisters, so they always looked after each other. But it didn’t take long before her big sister abandoned her like this. It was her who lured Lan You Nian into the room, but in the end, the one who suffered was her. Yet her big sister didn’t comfort her. Now it seemed she has drawn a line between them. After all, a concubine as a little sister was embarrassing for her older sister who wanted to marry into the royal family.

She wasn’t the wife, nor side-wife, not even a proper concubine, only a little concubine. A concubine, if you make it sound nice, warms the bed, if you make it sound ugly, it was just a servant girl. Lan Zhi, at this moment, really hated her own sister. This mother who helped her sister lie and forgot her second daughter’s situation let Lan Zhi’s heart become cold.