Chapter 42 : Looking for Fault.

“I would like to see how much face this Lan manor’s third young miss have to let this old woman go personally invite!” Outside You Nian Pavilion, an elderly person clutched a cane as she hollered at the guards blocking her, “Move! In this Lan manor, is there a place this old woman can’t enter!”

“Old Madame, without young miss’s orders, no one can enter You Nian Pavilion!” Zhang Lin did his best to stop the old Madame. In the first place, he was born from the military camp, so he really hated these small household affairs of the residence. He especially hated this old Madame’s meanness. He really felt that young miss lived really difficult days.

“Cannot enter! This unlucky star really has grown courage. She even dares to treat this old woman like this. I really should drive her out of Lan manor!” The old Madame trembled with rage. Yesterday, she heard Lan You Nian has returned, so she thought that this granddaughter will come to ask regards of her but didn’t expect that until this morning she didn’t come. When she sent someone to invite her, she didn’t even get to see anyone. What made the old Madame even angrier was, when she sent her own trusted Wang mama to invite, Wang mama was actually beaten. This Lan You Nian was really rebellious.

“Old Madame, you shouldn’t be angry. Third young miss is probably throwing a temper tantrum. Yesterday, she even chided this concubine,” An yiniang, on one hand, was smoothing the old Madame’s anger, while adding fuel to the fire.

“Mutiny, mutiny! This unlucky star dares to be so disrespectful of filial piety. Someone come, smash this You Nian Pavilion for me!” The old Madame shouted at the family retainers who followed her over. She has never been so angry for so many years.

“How come grandmother is so angry?” A soft voice rang from within the You Nian Pavilion. Lan You Nian appeared at the entrance of You Nian Pavilion and looked at the old Madame. A brown dress covered with embroidered patterns, a golden bead hairpin on her head, the hair was already half snowy white, but that pair of eyes were sharp and contained meanness. The eyes that regarded at Lan You Nian were severely dissatisfied. Her hands held a brown-red cane while An yiniang personally supported her.

The old Madame looked at Lan You Nian dressed in a white ruqun flanked by two servant girls come in front of her, elegantly curtsied, but the smile in her eyes seemed to be ridiculing her for not being able to enter a granddaughter’s courtyard in the manor. Her gaze on Lan You Nian became even more full of ill-intent.

“This old woman can’t afford third young miss’s call of grandmother. This old woman does not have such a disrespectful granddaughter!” The old Madame said, her nose pointed skyward.

“Then why is old Madame ready to smash You Nian Pavilion?” Lan You Nian was very much aware as she changed grandmother to old Madame and completely disregarded the old Madame’s absolutely ugly face.

“A tiny You Nian Pavilion even this old woman is forbidden from entering, downright outrageous! Someone come, smash everything!” Old Madame just thinking of this matter was angry. Two granddaughters and the one grandson when they usually saw her, none of them were not respectful. But this granddaughter she liked the least dared to put on airs with her.

Lan You Nian did not speak. The old Madame thought she was scared. But when the family retainers were prepared to barge into You Nian Pavilion, they were still stopped by the guards. What’s more, some were even thrown far away. For a while, those family retainers did not dare to go forward again. After all, those guards have already pulled out gleaming blades.

“Mutiny, mutiny!” the old Madame did not expect that she had lost such a big face, the sound of the cane hitting the ground was ceaseless.

“Third young miss, why aren’t you kneeling down for the old Madame!” An yiniang saw how the old Madame was so disgusted by Lan You Nian, her heart was unspeakably smug, hurriedly took advantage to teach Lan You Nian a lesson. If Lan You Nian knelt down, in the future, will anyone in Lan manor put this third young miss in their eye?