Chapter 22 : Victorious Return to Jing

Many soldiers wearing black armor proceeded on the road. The ranks of troops marched in an ochre yellow dragon-like formation, twisting and turning on the clean white wilderness. A million people's footsteps, from near and far, became like the rustling sound of countless creeks.

At the army's very front, several army commanders sat on black steeds.

Feng Yi Xuan had on a completely black brocade robe that outlined the lean and muscular body. Those pair of eyes were like a thousand-year-old well, deep and silent. Apart from in front of his own people, he returned to masking the color of his eyes, not that he was afraid of other people's perception or rumors, but simply didn't wish to give anybody something to make a fuss about. Those pair of eyes seemed to be able to suck in people's soul. A straight nose like a hook, thin lips like cinnabar, white jade-like skin seemed to solidify with a layer of frost, the entire person was like that iceberg's snow lotus, noble yet cold, as if concentrating all the evil spirit between heaven and earth into one form. Everything in the world lost all of their color in front of him.

An Yi was dressed in a black bodysuit, a resolute face exposed a touch of coldness. He discreetly glanced at Feng Yi Xuan, heart despairing. Ever since that night they weren't able to find that girl, the air surrounding the master has become even more terrifying, making him feel that he was a pitiful subordinate.

Lan Jian Jun had on a full set of stiff armor. The years did not leave any traces of harshness on his face, but the white hair by his temples revealed that his life was not very good.

Lan Mo Xian was dressed in white armor. The ink black long hair draped in tousled fashion, giving off a certain lazy charm. The gentle face like jade had on a signature smile, which always gave people a warm feeling, as if it could dispel this chilly military atmosphere, like the sunlight moisturizing every thirsty and cold soul.

"Father, it's been five years, we can finally return. Don't know if Nian'er meimei has grown taller or not" Lan Mo Xian looked in the direction of the capital city, missing his little sister in his heart.

"This father has already informed the housekeeper to bring Nian'er back, from now on this father will treat Nian'er well" At this moment, in his heart, Lan Jian Jun was also missing the daughter who has been neglected. He thought that from now on, he will hold this daughter in the palm of his hand, never letting this daughter show that kind of envious expression ever again.

Mo Xian sighed, even after so many years, he still had no way to talk with father about his Nian'er meimei. He still remembered when mother was pregnant with Nian'er meimei, in the afternoon after the blaze of the sun, she would always tell him "Mo Xian, in the future, you must protect your younger sister well". Now, despite that mother has passed away for so many years, mother's words still rang in his ears. Now that he had his own ability, he could protect Nian'er meimei from now on. Mother, this son will definitely protect Nian'er meimei very well.

Lan Jian Jun, looking at the son who did not say a word, couldn't help feeling a sense of helplessness. He knew that he did wrong, he just didn't know if Nian'er will forgive him. That daughter who would always secretly peek at him from a corner with an expression of longing for a father's love, did she still have the same desire for this bit of fatherly love?

Feng Yi Xuan and An Yi heard the discussion between Lan family father and son. These few years in the army life, although Feng Yi Xuan was a wangye, the relationship between these people were pretty good. Especially as Lan Mo Xian is now doing things under Feng Yi Xuan, with An Yi and others, were like brothers. Every time in the lonely night at the border, these guys and several other soldiers would always cradle a jug of alcohol and drink. When Lan Mo Xian was drunk, he would always repeatedly talk about his Nian'er meimei, talk about that cute but pitiable little girl.