Chapter 11

Destery and I reached Earth, it was good to be home. The demon sent us right back to Destery's room.

Des was already climbing into bed, exhausted. I helped him get settled. "Good to have you back, Des." I said as I pulled his blankets over him. "Good to be back, now since I was possessed I think I deserve pizza don't you think?" He said sleepily. "Whatever nerd, get some sleep now." I said as I exited the room.

I ran up the stairs to the place Nathan had died. I flung the door open to find him asleep laying on the floor, no blood to be seen. I walked over to him, he looked so peaceful. I hooked his arm around my neck and put my arm around his waist.

After alot of fumbling and stumbling I managed to hoist him into bed and tuck him in. He was still fast asleep, my poor boys, they've been through so much recently. All that mattered was that they were safe and that demon and devil would never hurt them again.

I pondered the words Devil Urie had said to me. A favour? What kind of favour. When would he ask it of me?

"Pull yourself together. You have to be strong. For them."

I made my way downstairs, "How's Nato?" Des asked. "Asleep. He deserves it, after all of this bizarre craziness." I said.

"I mean. It's kinda cool to know the devil exists right? Like the whole religion thing or whatever." Des said, thinking out loud.

"Is it? I mean Devil Urie, totally. But the concept of hell itself...it's terrifying." I said as I brushed passed him to grab a soda.

"Listen, there's something I need you to know." I popped the can of Bubblegum Fizz open, "Yeah?"

"There will never be a right time. Or a wrong time for that matter. But at the same time I feel like the more I keep it in, the more insane I'll feel."

I blinked, "Go on, spit it out."

"I was offered a job. By the devil. I have to kill for him and in exchange he'll keep us safe. All of us. He'll even provide for us. He said out channels will skyrocket. Hell we can even start a band like we'd always wanted to."

I stared wide eyed at him, "You didnt think to tell me this sooner?!"

"Please, calm down. It's ok! It won't be that bad! We kill the worst of the worst. And Devil Urie takes their souls. In a way we're helping the world be a better place."

"Des that is insane! What is the true nature of good or evil? Who are we to decide. Even Devil Urie! He's the devil! How is he to distinguish good from bad by a moral and ethical standpoint?" I raged.

"Look. I will do it alone. Me. I promise nothing bad will happen. We will reap good from this. I swear to you." He placed a hand of reasurrance on my shoulder.

"I need a drink."