Chapter 2

"Nate! Maybe he went down here?" I suggested. "Yeah, okay let's go." he said. We walked down the stairs in silence. When we reached the bottom I switched on the light and looked down on the floor. "Holy shit!" Nate yelled. "Nate chill! It's probably rats blood!" I said. "Nuh ah! That's human blood!" he screamed. "Nate! Des said there were rats down here! One of them probably just got into a fight with the other." I said. "Then where's the body?" Nate asked. "I-I don't know, dude. Maybe the bigger rat, or maybe a possum, took it and ate it? Besides it's only a bit of blood, why are you getting so worked up?" I asked. "Because, w-what if, Des..." he trailed off, I knew what he was getting at. "Des is a lot of things but he's not a murderer!" I said.

"Nathan you need to sleep, look at you! You're pinning a murder, that we don't even know is a  murder on your best friend." I said. "Go to bed, and sleep, please." I said. He sighed in defeat, "Alright fine. Goodnight." he said as he ascended up the stairs. I looked around, there wasn't heaps of blood, besides I've known Des for years, there's no way this was him. Right? Look at yourself, you're doing exactly what you told Nate not to do. I think you need sleep too, I thought to myself.  

I walked up the stairs as well and headed to my bedroom. I shut the door and but my back against it. I put my hands over my face. "What a night." I whispered to myself. I got into bed and pulled the covers over me. I got comfortable and let sleep come over me. 

The next morning I woke up to the sun streaming through my window. "Well may as well get up." I washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair, changed my clothes then went downstairs. "Morning Jedi." I said. "Hello Emperor Palpatine." Des said. "I will destroy your kinda faster than Trump destroys the happiness of the Americans." I said. "Ha, jokes on you, you can;t destroy something that was never there." Des said. "Nice." I said. Nate looked beat, probably from the shock of last night. I decided to lighten his mood. "Lighten up sunshine, later I'll take you to the movies and we can go see IT." I said. He perked his head up at that. "Ok sounds good." Des said. "But Des you hate horror movies..." I said. 

"Lately I've been taking a liking to them, especially those that have extra gore." Des said. "Well okay then, if you say so. I'll go look at show times, but first, breakfast!" I said. I made myself a bowl of cereal and then sat at the table with Nate, Des had walked off to his room. "Nate, come on don't be a downer, just pretend last night didn't happen." I said. "But it did happen!" he said. "Nate! Quiet down! Des will hear you, but we don't know it was him, like I said it was just rats blood." I said. "Maybe, maybe not, we don't know like I said, we will be watching him closely." he said. 

"Ok well, we have a crap ton of videos to record today so we better get on that." I said. Nate nodded. We both finished breakfast and then went into Des' room to record another 'WTF news.

Nat and I were going to be featuring in the video. After we set everything up Des began the video. "Hey, what's up you guys and welcome back to what the fuck news, my name is Destery and I personally love alpacas, don't know what it is about them, I just freaking love them. On today's' what the fuck news we will be talking about the strange disappearance of Jon Snows' testicles..." Destery continued discussing the weird side of the news while Nate and I played our parts. 

After about two hours of filming Des' video we all went outside to film my video. My channels videos consist of sketches, game play and of course photography advice. I turned on my camera and began my intro, "What is up fellow humans Photogamer-chan here and today with the help of my fellow Youtubers, AhoyNato and Capndesdes, we are going to be showing you what it's like to take drugs, disclaimer: we are not responsible for any damage to your child, home or possessions. Nah, jokes you guys today we're going to..." We filmed for a few hours on my channel then went back upstairs to edit. 

"When you guys have uploaded let me know, cause then we'll head to the movies." I said. Earlier this morning I had found a showing for IT at around three thirty. It's currently two o'clock so by the time the boys finish, we should be able to make it. 

"Since I'm waiting for the boys I may as well do something productive, no I don't feel like it. Maybe I should snoop around Des' room to see if.." Before I could finish my thoughts I heard Destery yelling from upstairs. "Fucking bullshit computer!!!" I heard. I ran upstairs to see Destery throwing Nates' computer out the window. "Destery!!" Nathan yelled. "Dude!! Come on man!" Nate yelled. Destery pushed past me and walked into the bathroom. 

"Nate what the hell happened?!" I asked. "I was just saying to him that he's been acting strange the last few days and then he went all ape-shit on me! Then threw my fucking computer out the window!!!" Nate yelled. "Nato I'm right here don't yell, also didn't you need a new computer anyways? But most importantly, is this a sign? Saying maybe this is the Destery we know and love? Has he really...changed?" I asked. "I don't know either way, I really want to lite his nipplies on fire then kick him in the perineum." he said. 

"Ok well you sort that out and I'm going to talk to Destery. I exited Nates' room and walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Des? It's me. Can I come in?" No response. "Des listen dude, I'm worried about you." 

No response. "Okay I'm coming in you goof." I barged into the room and found there was no Destery. The bathroom window was open and there were towels tied together to make a makeshift rope. "Destery you bastard." I said. 

"Nate Destery's gone!!" I yelled. "Crap, what now? Where do you think he's gone?" Nate asked. "I don't know genius. I do know one thing though, we're definitely going to miss that showing of IT." We put on out coats and boots and went to go find Destery. Then it started raining. "Of course!!!" I said with my middle fingers pointed at the sky. 

"Think Nate where does Des go when he's in a mood?" I asked. "Uh, the hockey rink!" Nate said. "Let's go." We took my car to the rink. When we got there we rushed inside. We looked around the rink but there was no sign of Destery. Suddenly  Nate's phone went off. "Yo go for Nate." He answered. "Hey! Jen! Yeah no, I'm good, you? Yeah. Us? Oh we're just out for some coffee. Yeah I'll tell him. Okay bye." Nate turned to me. "That was Jen, apparently she and Des had plans today, and when he didn't show up she called him to make sure everything was okay, but he hasn't been answering her calls." Then it hit me, "Nate, we are idiots." I said. 

"What? Why?" Nate asked. "Because! I can just track Desterys phone, on find my friends app!" I said. "Oh, you are so right, you are an idiot!" Nate said. I slapped his head and began looking for Destery. "He's at this old abandon warehouse that's about two blocks from here." I said. 

We got back into the car and drove to the warehouse. Once we got there we opened the giant steel death traps they call doors and immediately saw Destery. "Des!" Nate called out. Destery looked up from whatever he was doing to see us. "Guys what are you doing here?" He asked. "Better question, what are you doing, here?" I asked. I looked around and took in the scene before me. The whole warehouse was decorated to look like something a serial killer would do his business in. 

"Des, what is going on?" Nate asked shocked. "Relax you guys it's for a video, and you guys are going to help me!" he said. I could sense there was something off but i decided not to act on it, besides Destery is too sweet to do any harm to anyone in the way I was thinking. 

"Well it's going to have to wait. Because I want to go home!" Nate whined. We all walked in silence to the car, and continued to sit in silence the drive home.