Chapter Five

I've always believed there was good in everyone. It's just the way I've always viewed humanity. I've always believed that, while not always equal, both darkness and light reside in everyone. Picture the yin yang symbol. Even those who seem full of light tend to have a bit of darkness, and those who seem completely dark have a bit of light in them fighting to be shown. All of those beliefs were erased when I entered containment. Those people couldn't possibly have any light left.

This realization was the final factor that persuaded me that we couldn't sit around waiting for what came next. We had to do something about it. If we could get out of here, maybe we could find a way to convince the world that we have done nothing wrong, and that we have enough control over our powers that we are not dangerous.

Jason was right. There were no cameras in the woman's nor the men's restroom. On an unrelated note, I'd rather not think about how Jason knew about the lack of cameras in the women's bathroom in the first place. 

The bathroom was actually comfortable. There was even a sofa in one corner of the room. The girls and I walked in first to make sure there weren't any other girls in here. When we realized the coast was clear, we called the guys in. We gathered around the sofa in an attempt to come up with some kind of plan.

"First of all," Jason begins, "we need to play to our strengths. That would include our abilities. Can everyone tell me what your abilities are?"

"Amber and I can cause small earthquakes as long as we are making contact," Aster says.

"That could come in handy, but if we used it, it would alert every guard and hunter in the building."

Nia rubs her neck, "well I can manipulate plants."

Jason nods, "we could definitely use vines or something to restrain anyone who comes after us. What about you Iris?"

Iris looks up and sighs, "well, I can teleport, but I've tried teleporting out of here and I can't go through the walls of this place. I can only teleport where I can see. Like down a hallway or across a room."

"Wow, that's really cool, and it could still help," Jason says, "I already know that Gray can make shadows move. We could use that to distract the guards, and Jay can heal wounds which will definitely help. Last but not least, what about you Rose?"

I shrug knowing my ability probably wouldn't help much, "I can read minds when making contact with the person of interest."

"We could find out crucial information with that ability."

"And what's your special talent hot shot?" Grey asks.

Jason smiles, "fire manipulation."

"Basically, you're a pyro," Grey says with his arms folded over his chest.

"I am not! At least my ability isn't creepy," Jason says defensively, "anyway, any plan ideas?"

"We run out the door," Jay suggests.

Grey looks taken aback, "seriously?"

"That's not exactly solid," Jason laughs nervously.

"I know what to do," a familiar female voice says, and we all look around.

"Who said that?" Jason asks.

Divya walks out of the supply closet. She must have finished her punishment. Her waste length, dark hair slightly covers a bruise forming on her cheek.

"You girls didn't check the bathroom very thoroughly. I was getting something out of the closet when I heard you," she says.

The girls shrug.