Got you touchin' on me all in secret, want you lovin' on me all four seasons

SOPHIA

🌹

It's such a relief that after prom we didn't have to see each other anymore. At least until graduation but by then I'm sure many will forget our embarrassing dancing. Not to mention how paranoid I am about people seeing Zabdiel and I leave the after party pretty early.  Zabdiel had a lot of experience and saying that makes me flinch. He's not a hoe... he just knew a lot. I don't regret it because why should I regret something that made me feel good? I know he liked it as well. I didn't think he would be so clingy after but I'm not complaining. Lola texted me the day after saying she chickened out and didn't give Joel the "best time of his life," but that instead they made out on the top of his car.

Monday's were beautiful when you didn't have to wake up for school. I had the house all too myself which I meant I could blast the music I wanted. My parents were out working and I didn't have my shift until later in the afternoon. I took the opportunity to rearrange my room, move stuff around so I could get a sense of a fresh start.

mi sophie
Hey zab, are you busy?

zab ❤️
Hola baby

No I'm not. Why? Wanna see me?

mi sophie
Yes 😊 I have the house all to myself and I finally finished rearranging my room.

I want you to see it

zab ❤️
I won't be long

I was pretty in love, super in love. Zabdiel made me realize just how lucky I was to have him. He wasn't what others made him out to be and I both hated and liked that. I love that I was one of the few that saw how sweet and kind-hearted he was but on the other side I hated it. People, like my parents, were so quick to judge him. Zabdiel's past wasn't anything unknown to the community.

I met Zabdiel through Richard and Joel which I had met through Lola. Richard and Joel weren't involved in any of Zabdiel's past activities but they knew more about it than any of us. I was always intimidated by Zabdiel because he gave off that dominant and almost dangerous aura. I could tell he found me annoying since I would occasionally catch him rolling his eyes after I talked. He barely talked, he was always quiet and only talked when Richard or Joel said something to him. I don't remember the exact moment I began to develop feelings for him but I do know that they grew when I saw him do small kind gestures to others. It did get to the point where I grew comfortable around him and he seemed to tolerate me. He seemed to become protective over me but was very subtle about it. I sometimes failed to see this but Lola never missed the opportunity to point it out to me.

As I finished folding the last bits of the clothes, I heard knocking coming from downstairs. I wasted no time in dropping my shirt and running downstairs to open the door.

"Zabdiel," I beamed before giving him a kiss and a hug.

"Hola, mi Sophie. I have a surprise for you, a graduation gift."

"Graduation gift?"

I hadn't noticed it before but Zabdiel had his arms behind him. He quickly walked inside, careful to keep whatever he had behind him hidden. "Close your eyes and hold out your hands."

I looked at him for the last time before closing my eyes and eagerly holding out my cupped hands. "Ok."

Soon, I felt something soft and fluffy in my palms. I immediately opened my eyes and gasped. "A bunny?"

"I know you love them and I know you miss your old bunny."

Never in my life had I seen a bunny as a pet until I was gifted with one. I fell in love and saw that there was so much more to the long eared animal. When Luna, my past bunny, died from old age I cried so much. Zabdiel and I didn't really talk at the time but I guess he saw how bad it hurt me when I lost her. I've been wanting a bunny ever since but there wasn't any place nearby that sold them. My parents weren't willing to drive an hour or two to buy a new one.

"Oh my gosh," I marveled with glossy eyes. "It's so cute."

"It's a girl and she's about five months old. I remember you told Lola you wanted your next bunny to have lopped ears so I found one like that. I hope you didn't throw out that pen you had for Luna."

"I didn't... thank you so much this is the best gift ever. I love you so much."

I couldn't contain my emotions. I had longed for a another bunny for so long and the fact that he got it for me made it ten times better. I carefully placed the gray bunny on my chest before giving Zabdiel a long peck on his lips.

"Are you happy?" He asked with a soft stare, smiling at me with those gentle brown eyes.

"I'm so happy," I exclaimed. "You make me the happiest girl in this world."

For a moment I feared and I hoped it was just my imagination but the sad smile on his lips wasn't what I expected.

"That's what I want more in this world," he said in a hush tone as he softly pinched my cheek. "For you to be happy."