Chapter Eight

Why? Why? Why? Why did I open up to him? Why do I trust him? I barely know anything about his past, yet why did I choose to share mine with him? You care.

I told him about Kay.. No one knows about Kay except my mom. So much nonsense is going on in my life, I suddenly feel like having a friend is a burden.

None of this is fair. I'm starting college soon, only in a matter of days. I barely get any sleep, I'm emotionally unstable, I'm everything but okay.

I don't know what I'm doing anymore? Just staring at his lifeless picture won't make him come back to me, nothing will. I've lost hope that I would ever see him again. He was my everything.

Well, I cant keep moping around all day. I'm not in the mood to draw either. I'm going to take another walk.

I wore a shawl over my shoulders, texted my mom that I’m going out & stepped into the fresh, cool air. The weather was getting cooler since it’s almost fall.

I walked, staring at the ground--stepping on the leaves making a crushing sound. I kept thinking of how hard it is to just forget about the past; I just can’t seem to let go of the past & move forward. Crack! I stepped on a wilted brown leaf. I picked up the crippling pieces & crushed the leaf even further with my fingers. I closed my eyes & began sobbing.

“Hey,” I heard a familiar voice, it was Shawn. I don’t know why but I- I.. I fell into his arms. “There, there…,”he cooed soothingly, stroking my hair. I continued weeping, feeling his warmth. “I...I’m so sorry…,”I say between sobs, tugging at his shirt’s collar. 

“Don’t say that…,”he said, continuing to stroke my loose, wavy hair. “Thank y-you,”I stuttered heavily.  Shawn walked me to a nearby park & we sat on a bench.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks soothingly, his voice doing wonders to my mind.  I looked down, more leaves, great. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to-” I interrupted him. “Kay and-d and my dad,”I yelled out,”’they both left and-and and!,”I cry out, heavy breathing. “Whoa, slow down!,”laughed Shawn. I couldn’t tell him, why did I ever open my mouth? Why do I feel like I should tell him? Why do I feel like I trust him? I don’t even know him. 

I shake my head, "It’s nothing,”I sighed. “Well, if you ever feel like talking about, I’m all ears,”Shawn reassured, smiling his gorgeous smile at me. His beautiful brown eyes met with my dull blue eyes. “Okay then,”I whisper,”I should be getting home--,” Shawn interrupted me,”I want to show you something,”he says

He Intertwined His fingers in mine and pulled me up from the bench effortlessly, wow he's strong.. "Sure," I tell him..

He smiles & takes me by the hand. He went to the far end of the park & pulled away a few bushes & branches & revealed a beautiful hidden garden. I was stunned, I’ve been to this park so many times & never saw this part of it. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it…,”he says, breathing in the rosey air. There were so many types of flowers, still in the bloom. A gorgeous cherry tree with a swing attached to it.

“It;s so green!,”I chirped. Shawn chuckles,”That’s why I love it so much, green is my favorite color.”  I sprint around the garden, thinking how much art there is here that can be drawn! “Do you like it?,”Shawn asks. “Like it?,”I say,”I love it!,”I beam.  I ran up to him & gave him a hug,”thank you…,”I whisper. ‘

“This garden is pretty private & cut off from the rest of the park, so it’s all ours,”Shawn explains. “How did you find it, how do you know this?,”I asked. “Oh, I have my ways, come on, I want to show you the fountain,”he smiles, ditching the conversation as he runs up to a fountain. 

“It’s said that this fountain is magical, it’s a wishing fountain,”Shawn teases,”but, well, I believe in it…,”he finishes off. It got quiet until he broke the silence,”If you could wish for anything in the world, what would you wish for?” he asked me. 

“I would wish for Kay to come back,” I say not a second later. He looks over to me and I asked him, “What about you?” He thinks for a little while, before replying, “I want a dragon with cute ears,” he jokes, a goofy grin on his face. I chuckled at his silly manner, his smile brightening my mood up. 

He reached for my hand, his hand grazing the scar on my leg and I winced slightly. “Serenity? Are you okay? What happened here?” he asked, his fingers gently caressing the scar through my tights.

I gulped, “It’s nothing..I just got hurt..” I say, trying to shake it off slightly. “Can I look?” he asked, and before I could protest, he gently rolled up the bottom of my tights to see my scar.

He gasped, “Who did this to you,” he asked, anger and worry laced deep in his voice. I squirmed under his gaze. He delicately ran his fingers over the scar, as if worried he would hurt me. His skin felt so relaxing on mine, and I've never yearned for anything more. It felt so good, his fingers leaving a trail of a burning sensation.