Nightmare Origins

There are many different beliefs about how the world came to be. About all the different things which exist in our lives happened. None truly portray what happened. It was no God nor any freak accident. Rather, it grew itself and loved itself until it grew bigger. Each year the love it filled itself with created a God and different tales began. One's which run riot in this world. The creation of new worlds and dimensions. One's that linked together.

The oldest of these God's was Jete. He watched as this world grew bigger, but not much came of it. Jete came out of the world as a young man. He had bright golden hair and beautiful tanned skin to match. He stood tall and was one of the happiest God's, always having a good time. Until he became bored with the daily ease of life. He aged and grew into an older man before he realised what he wanted from the world. He wanted this planet to have something to nourish for and look after. God's were fine by themselves, they needed no one. They could easily liver an eternity without food and wine (although they preferred not to). They had no purpose. Jete noticed that and that's when he created mankind.

The world itself was not happy about this. Jete and the God's were it's creation, it did not want them creating their own power. It did not want any more God's cutting ties with it and making it's own fortune. So it decided to create different dimensions for them, where they could never properly be in contact and have roles which served this humanity. They would be forever enslaved to the humans of Jete's creation, as punishment for his actions.

Once a year, the God's could see each other once again. This purpose was so they could procreate and the legacy of enslavement would continue.

But Jete yet again disobeyed the world.

During this day, he realised he could go to Earth to see the humans, in which he created and yearned to see.

On this day, he was surrounded by the stormy rain, the sea thrashing against the cliffs. He did not know where he was, but he saw the most beautiful creature on the cliffs.

Jete realised it was a woman. She was of beautiful slender form and was bare. Her hair was of the most vibrant red and her skin the most lavish gold. Her eyes sparkled blue as she looked ata him. She began to sing a sweet tune, which Jete could not protect himself against. It peaked his curiosity and desire for her and as he drew closer he saw her thangs peak from her lips.

He had met a siren.

She was not here to kill him though, not like the usual sailors.

Rather, she wanted to keep his company.

And from this Jete's greatest sin was born.

The siren gave birth to twins, two girls.

One with the lightest colour hair of platinum while the other bore the hair of onyx. The world saw of this and separated them immediately, one became the Goddess of Dreams while the other bore the title of the Goddess of Nightmares. Jete in punishment was split in half, while the siren was lit on fire in the World's rage for Jete's trickery. The world sent a lightning bolt to strike him, which burnt his skin and pained him so. These halves were sent to separate dimension, and Day and Night was created so Jete could overlook his daughters.

Over the years he watched as they became more and more beautiful, just as alluring as their mother had been. Both held the palest skin which reflected neither of their parents. But as the Goddess of Dreams grew more caring and kind, the Goddess of Nightmares became more sick and sadistic. Creating more creatures and hypnotics which began the reign of terror among the lives of the humans.

Jete feared her greatly and what she would do if she wasn't stopped.

So he sent another siren, one with whom could tame the Goddess in her spree of rage.

And this is where the story begins.