Chapter 8

I finished drying off than putting my armour back on, I look over at Elsa to see shes already dressed.

"Well isn't that convenient, ice powers to make your own gown." I say jokingly and she giggles, and walks over to me. She bends down a little and kisses my cheek.

"Thank you for the...realise...I needed that to get rid of some stress" I smile at her and nod, standing up, she quickly rushes over and puts her arms around me, taking me by surprise. She whispers to me quickly.

"I like you a lot y/n, I truly care for you, and I know you have some things that you dont like to share, but that's okay, I don't mind. I know I tease you a lot, but I never want to hurt you, or force you to do something that goes against your Morales, so if you cant be my guard I get that, we'll get someone else, and ill have you be one my council-" I kiss her gently.

"I'm okay, I like being around you all the time, killing peoples going to be a little hard...but if anyone tries to hurt you I swear to the gods that I will-" and I'm being kissed, a small smIle appearing on my lips.

"I get the point darling...thank you" she grips on to my hips pulling me closer to her body, a sudden shift in her mood as she looks at me with a seductive hint in her eyes.

"You saw me beg once," she gets real close to my ear causing a hint of rosy coloring to creep up my body, "prepare to beg for the rest of your time with me sweetheart, because I wont let you reach paradise so, so.... easily" she looks back at me with this triumphant smile as she sees how red I am, she bends down and kisses my cheek, just barely brushing past my lips. She quickly steps back leaving me in a slight daze as she puts her professional face back on.

"We have a meeting with the council today, you're coming like how all of their personal guards are, you have to keep your right hand on my right shoulder at all times, and,only speak when spoken to, okay? The men will think that you're stupid because you're "just a guard" but between you and me you're smarter than half of those assholes in there." With all of that she gently kisses me, then grabs my hand and drags me out of the room.

After our short walk to the council room, she sits down in the head chair, I stand behind her and put my right hand on her right shoulder, as does every other gaurd to their protectees. Looking around the room I see a heavy set, short man, with rosy cheeks and a half head, looks quite friendly to be honest. I see a tall, bulky women, broad at the hips and shoulders, and very muscular, she has a 3 scar marks from from the right top corner to the bottom. She must be a warrior. Then finally I see a slender and lanky man, back that go deep into his skull, and hair that goes every which way.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen we have a matter at hand" says the Elsa, I keep my eyes on the table ahead of me to see strange sketches of...animals?

"People are reporting these...these beasts in the woods, they've been taking our people and we only have 2 witnesses that say they've seen different animals, so either A: someone's wearing different suits and kidnapping people, B: these beasts are real, and C: the "beasts" are just the witnesses pulling a prank, either way we have to do something about it so it doesnt continue, Count Mascuite, what do you think we should do about the situation?" Says Elsa, she looks like she already has an idea but she wants to take in everyone else's. The lanky man straightens up a little bit at the question, he must be Mascuite. His guard stiffened up as well, he's a big guy, buzzed cut hair, so muscular he could break a boulder with a shoulder and his neck muscles, probably about 6'8. Hes fucking terrifying. He smiles at me though, and nice one, I smile back at him and we both tune back into the conversation.

"We could send a troop out to patrol the area, 3 people together at all times so if they get attacked they can fight it off and if the fight gets too bad, then at least one will always come back to share what they saw." Mascuite says confidently, I look down a little bit to see that my thumb is rubbing back and forth against Elsa's shoulder, I must be nervous, I stop my thumb from rubbing back and forth and see her do a quick nod to the council man. With that he relaxes down into his seat, his eyes look up into mine and he looks a little startled, its probably because of my eye color, I avert my eyes as an apology, I hope he understands.

"Who is this" says Mascuite looking at me, the queen looks over her shoulder to look at me, smiles than looks back at the council.

"This is my new personal guard, y/n, she's quite amazing all together" I tint of blush rises on my cheeks and I nod.

"Tell us about yourself," he smirks a little, and tilts his to the side slightly. "That is if you dont have anything to hide." He's looking down at me, I look at his guard and he gives me a little look of sympathy. I breathe in.

"What would you like to know, sir?" I say sturdily, he smiles.

"Where are you from, family life, how you used to work, how did you become her personal guard, and most importantly," he looks at Elsa with a slight smirk. "Are you bedding her? Most personal guards are also used for, you know...personal matters." A slight blush forms on my face when I click things together, and I grip on to Elsa's shoulder a little tighter, I look down at her shoulders in general and theirs a blush on them. She wasnt expecting that.

"I'm from a small town, just west of here, its called Grenerwind, its not very heard of and its not on many maps, my family is very...split up, we didn't get along so well for most of my life, I used to be a farmer, I was forced to be a gladiator by the first personal guard, she didnt want that to happen though, but I think was thoroughly impressed with me, and um...," he looks at me expectantly, with a certain glint in his eyes, I look at his guard and he's blushing deeply.

"Its okay if you have honey, the only reason why we have personal guards most of the time is because its frowned upon to marry someone of a lower class, but we end up falling for someone, that is lower class. It happens to the best of us." He reaches his hand up to rub the big guys hand, causing him to blush but smile, I smile at their interaction.

"Uh I-" I'm about to speak up but the queen interrupts.

"Back to the topic at hand, Countess Azrepout, what do you think?" A loud bustuous voice emits from the buff woman.

"Just send me out there, they wont last 1 minute out there with me...I could say the same about you being in bed with me honey." She sends a wink my way and I cant help to notice she doesnt have a guard.

"She's mine, so I'd be smart about what you're gonna say next." Her voice came off so cold, and her body starts getting colder, I start to rub my thumb back and forth, partially out of anxiety, and partially because I'm hoping it'll calm her down. She breathes in, and goes back to her normal temperature.

"Count Satnae what do you think?" She says quietly.

"Eh nothin we can at the moment dearie, we have to wait." He said in a very quiet gravily voice. With that Elsa stands up, and looks at me expectantly.

"Sit." She demands, I do what she says and she puts her right hand on my right shoulder.

"Lets say our roles were reversed like they are now, what would you have to say about the situation?" A blush goes through my whole body as I see everyone staring at me.

"I would...I would set up a curfew, like people cant go outside past dark, and you cant go into the woods...yeah woods, I would do what Mascuite said about the troops in the woods, and I would make sure to have more guards patrolling the...the city...yeah." I say quickly but they all seem interested.

"I would add more people in slowly, tell people the reason why the curfew is set is because bandits have been going out of there way to attack towns, you dont want to scare the people too much, tell them something believable to keep peace." The council men are smiling and nodding at that, and I feel a hand slide up my shoulder and next, and grips on to my jaw, forcing my head up, and a soft pair of lips dance across mine, leaving me dazed.

"Youre a genius, beautiful." There's a deep blush on my face as I realised what just happened. I stand up pulling the chair out for Elsa to sit back down in and push it back towards the table when shes sitting down, putting my hand back on her shoulder, I zone out the rest of the conversation, still dazed about that kiss.