"I need clothes." She stated obviously. There was no point beating around the bush on the matter.

"Yes, you do don't you?" Harvey mumbled thoughtfully while rubbing his hands together thoughtfully.

"Can I go get my clothes?"

"It'd be dangerous." Harvey stated. For all he knew there were gang members loitering around her old house in case she returned. After all, to those gang members, that building was her home and seemingly deemed the only safe place for her to return to.

"Can we try and go there?"

"We?" Harvey smirked. "What's this we?" Adelaide's expression fell. "I'm joking!" He laughed and took the two steps back up to be by her side. "We'll try. We'll have to be really quiet and sneaky though." She looked up at him, smiling lightly again. Harvey smiled too and nodded, "But until then, I think you need to eat something. It's a recipe for disaster I think, trying to sneak your way into mob territory on an empty stomach."

"Sneak our way in. Not just me."

Harvey rolled his eyes, "You being hungry doesn't affect me in the slightest." He smiled and walked down the stairs again, this time with Adelaide walking quickly after him.

Soon enough, Adelaide sat at the kitchen table idly eating the sandwich which had been made for her. Harvey was sitting reading the newspaper but every so often he would look up at her. "Plan of action?" Adelaide questioned.

Harvey tapped a finger on the table and leaned his head against his other hand. "Plan of action...good question."

"You don't have one." Adelaide mumbled and drunk some of her tea.

"Do you?"

"No," Adelaide admitted downhearted.

Harvey ran a hand through his hair and drummed on the table for a few more moments thinking. They needed a sure fire way in, which wasn't risky, and then a sure fire way out, which wasn't risky. Logically, considering how the underworld of Gotham was, trying to get in and out without risking their safety was at a very low percentage.

"What if," Adelaide said, Harvey looked up at her. She drunk some of her tea before pulling a thoughtful expression. "We walk there, stick the the lesser used streets. I mean...we both know our way around there." Adelaide paused. "You never forget your way around those streets."

"True," Harvey admitted a little annoyed. He still remembered the twists and turns of his old neighbourhood. As much as he wanted to forget it, he couldn't. He remembered his way around and never forgot the best routes to get to a certain destination.

"But, we get a ride back."

"Taxis aren't exactly reliable." Harvey stated. Most of the taxi services were run by mobsters, for mobsters.

Adelaide looked at him dumbly. "I meant drive." She rolled her eye and continued to nurse her cup. "My dad, he had two cars. One obviously is not road safe, the other is still in the garage." Adelaide paused. "We walk, we get my stuff, we drive out."

Harvey raised an eyebrow at her. "That all seems so simple."

"Don't say that! It's like you expect it to go wrong."

"Adelaide, it will. Something will happen. Simply because something always happens. It's unavoidable." Adelaide's expression fell again, Harvey sighed lightly and stood up. "We better get going then." Smiling he pulled Adelaide up from her chair and nudged her towards the door.

----

The dark streets of the underworld of Gotham really lived up to their reputation. Harvey and Adelaide walked slowly down the street. It was dark, like everywhere down here. The street lamps which were on were flickering. Harvey briefly looked up at them, the street lamps made the whole place much worse. Shadows flickered and moved, shadows which were there and then suddenly weren't a second later. It was disconcerting to say the least.