Chapter 24

"Let's go kill this mother f**ker." Tom says.

Janus's POV

I could tell that Tom was furious, and wanted revenge. I can imagine that all he can see is red right now. He wants to kill Alan. But we need to get y/n to a hospital now.

"Tom, we can sort out Alan later, but look at y/n right now." He looks down at her limp body in his arms and I see how guilty he feels.

For a moment he stands there, having a mental debate.

I'm guessing that his 'normal human' emotions are telling him to get her health care now, but his ruthless mafia side is telling him to kill anyone who has ever hurt her.

He's so whipped.

"Okay, your right, I don't know what I was thinking." He looks me in the eyes, as if begging me to help him.

I nod, not saying another word in order to get y/n to safety as fast as humanly possible.

Even though I haven't known y/n for a really long time, and fan leaders shouldn't have friends in the gang, she is my best friend.

I absolutely love her in a platonic way, and I feel like I could trust her with my secret. Something that no one knows about.

Anyway, I lead him out the lower floor and up the stairs into the bar that Alan owns and y/n used to work at.

Haz has gotten everyone out so there would be no one to see us.

I open the door and hold it open for Tom, who is now running towards the car.

When we get in Haz is already in the drivers seat. He turns around to see y/n. His mouth opens in shock and he looks sick.

"Who the hell did this to her?" He shouts angrily.

Woah, when Haz told me that y/n was one of the best thing that had ever happened to Tom, he was right. Because if y/n left us, Tom would be in ruins.

The way he looks at her in pure adoration. And he goes soft when he's around her.

Right now he's holding her against him, trying to wrap his jacket around her bullet wound.

I wrap my jacket around her leg and Haz passes his jacket back to wrap around her arm.

Hopefully that'll stop the bleeding a little, but I'm not sure how effective it'll be.

Haz speeds off down the road, passing red lights and heading to the hospital.

When we get there Haz gets out and runs to the hospital doors, running in and speaking to receptionist. I knew that Tom probably owns some of the hospital, ready for when people in the mob need attention.

I get out the car and sprint to toms side, opening the door and taking y/n out his arms as he gets out.

Y/n fell unconscious just before we got into the car. I'm no doctor but I know that your supposed to keep the injured person awake.

I can thank Clueless for that knowledge.

(Again, I know I'm not funny but that made me chuckle, even if it's not the time.)

Tom takes her off of me as soon as he gets out, running her to the hospital.

As soon as we get into the doors at least ten doctors and nurses come to us, talking to Tom and putting y/n on a stretcher.

We speedily walk into a private section of the hospital.

The doctor tries to explain to Tom what they are going to have to do, but he seems so out of it. He's just holding
y/n's hand as he runs next to her.

Instead I tell them to tell me and I'll explain to him when he's come back to Earth a little.

Tom efforts to go into the surgery room with y/n are useless.

"I pay for this whole wing, I should be able to do what I want." He spits.

"Mr. Holland, with all due respect, it's against policy." The slightly scared nurse tells him.

"Tom mate," Haz puts his hand on toms shoulder, "let them do their job. You being in there won't help y/n." He says, trying to remain calm and to calm Tom down.

"I know it's just... this is all my f**king fault. Y/n would be fine right now if I hadn't asked her to the ball and-" Tom starts to pace up and down the hall outside the room y/n is in.

"Tom shut up!" I exclaim. "None of this is your fault. She went back in for you, not because you asked her to." I try to make sense of what I'm thinking out loud.

He storms away and towards the bathroom.

Tom's POV
(I apologise for all the different POV' but I can't do y/n obviously and when a character is alone I want you to know what they are doing/ feeling)

I stomp into the bathroom, slamming the door closed and locking it.

I look at myself in the large mirror and pull my hair in frustration as I see my eyes go glassy.

No, f**k no. I never cry. Tom I swear to god if you cry...

Too late.

A couple of minutes later I find myself staring at myself, letting all my emotions free through tears.

I slam my fist against the sink, throwing the soap against the wall.

I sit down, sliding my back against the wall.

"Y/n..." I cry, not competent aware about what I'm doing.

I think I was in the bathroom for about twenty minutes or so, as when I come out, after clearing myself up, I see Haz and Janus waiting outside for me. Concern drawn all over their faces.

We sit down in a row outside of y/n's door in silence.

Now and then a new nurse or doctor enters or leaves the room, giving us a sympathetic smile as they pass.

I look at Haz and Janus and the urge to ask a question comes over me.

"How the hell are two so calm?" They both look at me as if it were quite obvious.

"Mate, shes a fighter, now I don't want to give you false hope because at the moment the odds are against her, but she is so strong. If anything, Alan and Maddison should be trembling in fear at how bad she is going to kick their arses." Haz replies.

It's true, she's a real fighter.

Around four hours later the doctor who was speaking to Janus earlier comes out and walks towards us.

"Mr. Holland, Mr. Osterfield and Mr. Bidrant?" We all stand up at the speed of light.

"Yes." I urge him impatiently.

"I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the surgery went well." I sigh in relief, but still feel anxious for the bad news.

"But the bad news is..."

Authors note:
Ah sorry you all probably hate me right now. I would too if I were you.
Thank you for reading!