Chapter 37

Hey loves, I'm pretty unhappy with the last bit of the last chapter, so I'm really hoping this one is better.

Part two:

"So y/n, when I was younger my mum would bring me and my brothers here." Tom begins to explain to me as he leads me through the village. "I would always wonder why she took us here, but now I know."

I furrow my eyebrows, and gesture for him to tell me why. "It's a special place." Is all he says, breaking eye contact and looking ahead of him.

I don't push him, instead I just give his hand a small squeeze of reassurance. It seems like this place means more to him than he's letting off.

We stop in front of an ice cream parlour and Tom glances at me. I can't help the huge grin that climbs into my face.

I love ice cream.

When we open the door a small bell from above us jingles.

An older woman behind the counter looks up from her table. She look fragile, short, neat grey hair sits on her head. She has large glasses and is wearing baby pink trousers and a pink top. Tom takes me to her.

"Mrs. Barton." Tom says softly and stands looking down at her.

(Wooo Clint Barton!)

She old woman stands up, her hands holding gently onto Tom's shoulders. "Thomas?" She smiles. "Thomas Holland."

Toms arms wrap around her in a gentle hug. I smile at the soft side of Tom. "I told you to call me Tom." He whines and I try to stifle a laugh.

"How are you?" He asks with a smile.

"Better. You know, Paddy came here the other week. My, he's grown so much!" She exclaims and Tom chuckles.

She then looks around Tom to me. "And who's this lovely looking lady you have with you?" I step forwards and smile, offering a hand to shake.

"Y/n." She takes me by surprise, as instead of shaking my hand she brings me into a warm hug.

When we separate she looks over at Tom with a gleam in her eyes. "You got lucky with this one. I can tell."

I feel a slight blush form on my cheeks. Why is everyone here so nice?

"Anyway, I'm sure you came to get ice cream, not to just come and see me." Mrs. Barton laughs and leads us to the ice cream counter where a young boy, likely around sixteen is sitting with a bored expression.

"The ice cream is simply a bonus." Tom compliments as we stand in front, looking at the many delicious flavours there are on offer.

"Luke, I'll serve these two." The boy stands up and moves out the way.

As Mrs. Barton gets the cones and ice cream scooper Luke smirks, giving me a once over. His blonde hair is long and messy, getting in the way of his brown eyes.

Tom seems to notice the look he's giving me and pulls me into his side, sending daggers towards Luke.

"Okay dear, what would you like?" Mrs. Barton asks me. I look over all the flavours, trying to decide as quickly as possible. It's a pretty stressful task.

Taking down an deadly up-coming mobster is controllable, but choosing an ice cream flavour is a task and a half for me.

But that's when I spot it. Red velvet ice cream. Disgusting to most, a dream for me.

"Could I have the red velvet one please?" I ask sweetly. She nods and begins to scoop it up.

I'm handed the ice cream and I take it, giving a warm smile to Mrs. Barton.