Dog (Steve)

Pre-infinity war (Everyone's alive)

"Please Steve!"
"No."
"Please!" I begged. "I'll even let you name him!"

Steve paused, contemplating the idea for a bit before returning to his previous answer.
"No, Y/N."

I sighed. Storming into the elevator of your shared floor with Steve. Pressing the button to the main floor the elevator comes to life and starts to take me down to the floor. The doors ding open and I see Bucky sitting in the sofa watching tv along with Nat and Bruce. They all turn their heads but Bucky quickly get up to greet me half way. Nat and Bruce day a quick hello before Bruce leaves to go help Tony with some contraption that I don't care about. Nat leaves too, mentioning something about helping Wanda train.

"Thought you were spending a day with Steve? It is your anniversary after all." Bucky starts.
"I was but he's annoyed me at the moment.." I explain.
"Why? What's he done?"
"It's nothing..." I blush and turn my head away. Suddenly embarrassed with the current situation with Steve.
"It's clearly something if your fiddling with Steve's hoodie."

"He won't let me get a dog.."

Buck chuckles heavily, his chest vibrates with each half-hearted laugh.

"Bucky! It's not funny." I shoot evil glares at him and pout.
"Oh but it is!"
"How is it?"
"I'm not supposed to tell you.."
"Come on, please?"
"Nope!" He says walking away, popping the p.

I groan as I make my way back to the elevator to go back to my room. I stand in the elevator in silence,
"Miss Y/L/N, Steve has asked for you to close your eyes before you exit this elevator."

I do as said as the metal box comes to a halt, making me stumble a bit from the force. A hand grabs me on the shoulder making me jump, but I know the gentle and soft grip it's my loving boyfriend; Steve. He leads me through our floor with grace, stopping me from knocking into anything. After what felt like forever, I finally come to a stop. Steve lets go and walks away from my side and stands in front of me. I hear the sound of metal unsnapping from place.

Two small noses press up against my ankles and I quickly open my eyes. The image of two small German Shepard puppies appear in my eyesight and I quickly lower to my knees.

"Oh my god!" The puppies nuzzle up against my cheeks making me laugh.

"Do you like them?" I look up and see Steve smiling widely. Steve gazes lovingly at the sight of his girlfriend and new found friend together.

"Of course I love the them!" I state the obvious. "Thank you so much babe!" I get back into my feet and attach me lips to Steve. We engage in the passionate kiss until we break for the need of air. Steve rests is forehead against mine, cheeks red and teeth showing in a big smile.
——

"What if you call one of them... James."
"We are not naming one of our dogs after Bucky."