CHAPTER No. 3

*BAKUGOU'S POV*

He was the one.
No wonder why when I saw him kissing Half-and-Half I got jealous! He was the one I wanted.
"Are you alright?" Deku said to me. I nodded yes and smiled. "Are you faking that smile?"
"No....I mean it this time." When he asked me questions his voice was gentle. I guess now was the first time I actually listened.
"How do you know so much...." I asked. "About...this."
"Kacchan...you don't know?" He told me. "I've been through this before. Do you not remember?" At that moment when he said something, I remembered. About a year ago, when Deku liked Half-and-Half, Half-and-Half didn't like him back. Deku got Hanahaki. But unlike me, he went to a doctor to know how to battle it. Then, it passed, seeing as he now liked me. Then when I had feelings for him... I think he went back to Todoroki.
"Deku..." I asked. "Why did you kiss Half-and-Half...?"
"So you didn't hear after class...huh? Well Kirishima dared me to kiss him." He said. "That's all." My heart sunk. Why would Kirishima tell him to do that? I even told Kirishima the day before that I liked Deku!
"Why'd you do it..." he could tell, my voice broke.
"Kacchan it was just a dare! I didn't mean it. Besides, I was saving my first real kiss for-" he paused..then kissed me. "you." After that I immediately forgot about Hanahaki and just kissed him back. I felt this was a dream, it really did. But this was reality. He sat down next to me and put his arm around me.
"Sleep helps, ya know."
"Yea," I curled up next to him. "I thought so." I smiled and fell asleep.

*DEKU'S POV*

I feel terrible! It's all my fault Kacchan has Hanahaki! I'm sorry Kacchan... I thought. I just wanted to help him. As much as I can to battle this. But how when I don't know what level of pain he's at? I'll just try. When I knew he was asleep I laid him down on my bed. I hated seeing that big blue flower on his neck.
"I'm so sorry Kacchan." I put my hand on his cheek. He smiled.
"But, I know you can handle it...or hope." I prayed his wasn't fatal. I wondered what flower was on him, I tried to feel the one on his neck to see if it was a rose. It wasn't thank God. I turned on my TV and started to watch it. I kept my hand on the big flower. But when I looked back down, one had grown on his hand. What?!?! He knew I loved him... why were they still growing?!? He started to stir.
"Shhhh. Shhh..." I said. He hadn't listened. He woke up and looked at me.
"Why does my hand hurt..."
"D-Don't look everything's fine!" I tried to sound calm. But he looked.
"Wha...what? Why..."
"I don't know! I'm sorry this is all my fault!!" I overreacted.
"Hey..this isn't your fault. I'm okay." He said.
"Y-you sure?" I asked.
"Yea." I put my hand on top of his. He didn't seem pained this time. Probably just the big ones, I thought. But Kacchan moved my hand. What is he doing? Then he reached his other hand to the flower. NO!
"KACCHAN NO!" Before I knew it...

He ripped it off.