┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Chapter Sixteen:" I BELIEVE THE CHILDRENARE OUR FUTURE:PART TWO " ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Chapter Sixteen:
" I BELIEVE THE CHILDREN
ARE OUR FUTURE:
PART TWO "

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                    "Thank you for your time," Danny said gently as Sam closed the notebook in his hands. The two turn and leave the hospital room, running into Dean talking to a nurse. "Well, I, uh, appreciate that, Nurse..." His eyes drifted down to her name tag. "Fremont." Danielle rolled her eyes at his obvious flirting. "Please—call me Jen." He grinned, his tongue poking out between his teeth. "Oh, Jen it is." A girlish giggle slipped past the nurse's lips, but was cut off when Danielle cleared her throat. Dean's eyes snapped toward hers, noticing the sour look on her face. "What's up with Toothless? Cavity creeps get ahold of him?" She hated the cheery tone he used after the nurse had scurried away to do his job.

She turned away from his wandering eyes, her arms crossed tight over her chest. "Uh, close..." Sam eyed the brunette as she stared back at him. "He wrote up a description." He flipped open the notebook and began to read off the points, "Five foot ten, three hundred fifty pounds, wings, and a pink tutu. Said it was the tooth fairy." Dean snorted. He looked so happy. Danny snuck a peek at the male before turning back away. "So he's obviously whacked out on painkillers," the eldest chuckled. Sam slowly nodded along to Dean's words, his eyebrows risen as he ran through his own thoughts. "Possibly, but whatever took the man's teeth got into his house without any struggle. The doors were locked, windows were locked, and nothing triggered the alarm," Danielle explained.

Dean's eyes focused on her side profile. She wasn't staring at anything in particular. She wanted to blame the sick feeling in her stomach on being back in a hospital, knowing that she wasn't there to do her job. She wasn't going to help deliver a life into this world again. She lost that privilege the moment that blade slid into Courtney's body. "Come on now. Tooth fairy?" Dean questioned in disbelief. "And it left thirty-two quarters underneath his pillow. One for each tooth," Sam added. Danny finally turned to face Dean when he cleared his throat. His eyes were already on her. "Well, I will see your crazy and raise you some. There's a couple of kids upstairs with stomach ulcers—say they got it from mixing Pop Rocks and Coke. Another guy...his face...froze that way."

"What way?" Danny questioned as her head tilted only slightly. Dean looked over his shoulders and in all directions. With a heavy sigh, he pulled the edges of his mouth outward and crossed his candy apple green eyes. He held it for a moment before letting his face fall back into his regular expression. Sam's expression was amused as Danny stood there with wide eyes. "Your face," she whispered. Her pointer trembled as she neared his face. "Wh–What?" Dean's skin visibly paled before Danielle's lips stretched into a smile. "Kidding!" Sam laughed, earning a glare from his older brother. "Anyway... He, uh, held it too long, and it—it stuck. They're flying in a plastic surgeon." Dean wiggled his jaw before grabbing his cheeks all in hopes that Danny truly was kidding. He sighed upon realization that he was the same as before.