Fluff - Oh Fuck No (Part 2)

———————————————————————————
-Notes-
You guys asked for it...so here it is! Part 2! Hope you enjoy it!
———————————————————————————
-Summary-
Embarrassed and confused, Tony tries his best to forget the events that happened in that park, but it seems Loki doesn't want to forget anything.
———————————————————————————

"Is this some sick joke, Stark? Is it?!" I shook my head with a frown. "How would I even do this?! You're the one with all the magic and shit! I swear if you're doing this to distract us from your evil plan or something-" "-I'm not doing anything!" He raised his voice, quickly grabbing his septer and stumbling back, away from everyone.

"I'm not finished here!" He yelled, quickly disappearing before Thor could run and grab him. "LOKI!" He yelled, obviously not getting a response. I just stood there, eyes wide, staring at the ground in shock.

Out of all people...

LOKI was my soulmate?!

-

That was a few weeks ago, and I still hadn't gotten over my shock.

Loki was...a villain, a criminal, Thor's evil brother, the God of Mischief! How was he my soulmate? How?!

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, sitting back in my chair as I let out a deep breath. Spending time alone in my office probably wasn't the best thing I could be doing right now.

As if right on cue, I heard two knocks on my door. "Yeah?" I called out, sitting forwards and facing the door, watching it open and Steve Rogers step in. "Hey Tony." He spoke softly, closing the door behind him and standing in front of my desk, his hands on his belt so he could strike his signature pose. "You've been hiding away in your office for weeks...it's not going to help your situation, as awkward as it is to think about."

I rolled my eyes and looked off. "It's easy for you to say, Rogers. You've always liked Bucky, always been by his side, always-" "-not always, Tony." He told me with a stern stare on his face. I gave him an apologetic look before continuing. "You've known him for so long and you know him as a person, that's why it was so clear you were soulmates even before the heart glow happened..."

Looking off again, I let out another sigh, sitting back in my chair and closing my eyes. "...but I don't know Loki. I know that he tried to kill me and has hurt my friends multiple times, as well as coming across as the worst brother in existence by Thor, but I don't know him as a person. He's not my friend, he's someone I've had nightmares about for christ's sake."

"Tony." Steve spoke, his hand on my shoulder, making me open my eyes as he gently held on and looked into my eyes. "When Bucky...became The Winter Solider...I thought it was over. That it wasn't meant to be - that maybe - that's why the heart glow hadn't happened yet. But I waited, and I waited, and it did happen. Bucky tried to kill me, my friends, and...I know the bad he has done in the past...but that wasn't really him. My heart still glows for the man he was then, because he wasn't in control, you see?"

I nodded slowly. "You're saying that...Loki might not have been in control when the attack happened...? That wasn't really him? Then...why did he continue to attack us again-" "-fear, Tony. Who's going to believe him if that's the truth? No one. Hell, I don't really believe it, but I know a good heart like yours...falls for a heart like his...for a reason."

Damn, he got me with that line. "You should write poetry, Rogers." I chuckled to myself weakly, turning to my computer and beginning to open up some files on Loki. "Give me some tips so I can write a poem for Loki and begin to speak his Shakespearean language." Steve let out a low chuckle as well, returning his hand to his belt. "It's just the truth, Tony. I know this isn't as bad as it seems."