chapter 33

- content warning(?) -

wooyoung san

when it was finally time for them to file back to their rooms for the night, it was safe to say san was not ready.

no - to be exact, he was the furthest he could be from being ready to face hyungwon, unable to interact with the boy who'd put him through torture or go through the embarrassment of seeing him again.

truthfully he was ashamed of himself, and hated feeling so utterly powerless against the pink haired male, his limbs reduced to jelly as if he was again intoxicated to vulnerability with no one there to save him.

fortunately for him, this time there was someone with him. san wasn't alone.

and he knew fully well the lengths wooyoung would go to ensure his security and remove hyungwon by any means necessary.

part of him burst with pride, overflowing with contentment and bubbling self worth, but another part of him wished wooyoung wasn't so protective. he didn't want to see the boy hurt on his behalf ever again.

and so upon arriving at his allocated room, san remained clutching his boyfriend's arm, prepared to pull him back if he got too provoked.

hyungwon, ever the creator of an intensely wary atmosphere, was already there, lounging comfortably against the white door frame and blocking the entryway while casually swinging the room key around his slender finger.

he felt wooyoung take a deep breath next to him, tilting his head slightly and obtaining a no nonsense stone faced demeanour.

a silent face off seemed to ignite, the older not even bothering to look up at the two while wooyoung simply stared him down, eyes hard and holding no emotion, empty and cold.

wanting nothing more than for this to be over, san couldn't take the brittle silence any longer.

"it's pretty obvious what's going on here," he began hastily, snapping both boys out of their trance and earning a startled look of concern from the male next to him.

"i," he emphasized, pointing to himself and urging every inch of whatever pride he withheld not to fucking stutter. "don't want to be in a room with you."

hyungwon rolled his eyes, standing straighter but looking at san like 'and? what are you going to do about it?'.

"in fact, i shouldn't have to even see you. so if you don't want this to get messy, i suggest you move your lanky ass somewhere else." he declared, not daring to break eye contact.

"make me." hyungwon laughed, swinging the key once more around a lazy finger. "all i want to do is finish what we started, babe. and i know you do to. i can see it. you're so fucking desperate, it's kind of... sad. but exciting."

"that's enough." wooyoung spat, shaking san off of his arm, grabbing hyungwon roughly by the collar and pressing him into the wall.

the older gasped for breath, taken aback and winded by the unexpected attack, grabbing feebly at wooyoung's unbudging hands.

"you're going to shut up." he said, freakishly calm and monotone. "and you're going to leave my boyfriend alone."

before hyungwon could answer (although in between being choked by wooyoung he probably couldn't anyway), another boy showed up who san didn't recognize, short with defined features and black hair swept over his forehead.

"is now not a good time?" the boy ventured, surveying the scene he walked in on. "i'm seo changbin. this is supposed to be my room..?"

san threw him an apologetic smile, unable to intervene while the purple haired male did not take his eyes off of the older in front of him.