chapter 15

eep

wooyoung san

jongho had wordlessly taken him by the hand, escorting him out of the bathroom and advising him to go home for the rest of the day.

san hadn't posessed the energy to decline, or to continue the school day, and so he had quietly agreed and allowed his step brother to take him home.

he was too depleted of feelings right now, and couldn't stand to think about felix, or wooyoung, or minho's words. san was worn out, having felt way too many different emotions for one day.

he hated feeling so much all the time. it was overwhelming.

and so he really wasn't in the mood when his step-father intercepted him on his way to the stairs.

all he had wanted was to lie down, to blast a sad song, maybe cry a little more, and to just be alone.

unfortunately, jongun had never cared to take his needs into consideration, and barely acknowledged san's clearly tired appearance.

"san," he began firmly, as if addressing a soldier in the military and not his own fragile step son. "we haven't talked since i got back."

san raised his head slowly, slumped shoulders barely straightening out at the unspoken comand of jongun's voice. he was just too tired to deal with this.

"show some respect, boy!" jongun growled, standing as straight-backed and polished as ever.

san did his best to stand taller, but couldn't help an eye roll before lowering his head in a half-assed bow.

"respect!" he barked again, striking san once, harshly across the cheek. "however you treated your last father, it will not be how you treat me! you should know this."

"of course." san replied, his eyes watering as his face stung with the impact of his step-father's hand. at least he isn't wearing rings. "but you treat me hardly different from how he did."

jongun momentarily looked ashamed, but he kept his composure, jutting his chin out. "keep in line. that's what you were taught, isn't it?"

san gave a small nod, clasping his hands behind his back and not raising his head until the man spoke again. "how has the... counselling been? have you seen the error of your ways?"

when san didn't reply, jongun pressed further, his words lacking any form of empathy. "is it gone?"

san had had enough. enough, for the rest of his life. feeling some unexplained surge of courage, he boldy looked the man dead in the eyes, his lips tugging in a bitter smile. "actually, i'm in a relationship now."

jongun's face changed slightly, relief brightening his hard features. "what's her name? maybe your mother and i could meet her, see if we approve-"

enough. "his name is jung wooyoung."

san, you fucking crazy idiot- "and we're quite content with eachother. i don't need your approval."

a dark cloud suddenly returned over jongun's face, his mouth tightening and expression stormy. "what?"

the man, stonger than san was, took him by the arm, dragging him to his study and pushing him down into the chair, ridding the previously organised desk of all of its contents, discarding it with a clutter to the floor. he forced his hands onto the cleared surface, brandishing a wooden meter stick. but san felt strangely calm.

"they were supposed to fix you-" the man spat, raising the ruler above san and bringing it down on his knuckles.

his hands screamed in pain, but he never flinched. "i don't need to be fixed. i can see that now."