chapter 18

wooyoung san

a few weeks had past since wooyoung told him he was 'ready'.

but since then, the other boy hadn't asked him out. san did sort of kinda think of wooyoung as boyfriend something or the other but he had no idea what the boy in question thought of him, which was stressing him out.

all that had changed was he had started hanging out with wooyoung's group of friends instead his own. yunho still talked to him often enough, yeosang sparingly, but not felix.

it's not that felix was mad at him or anything, but the two just couldn't seem to face each other.

san had since discovered that minho and seonghwa could be decent when they weren't feeling like dickheads. he also befriended hyunjin easily, who was a lot nicer than he ever would have thought. and mingi had everyone fooled- san now knew the 'hard' jock was actually a soft scaredy cat.

they all wordlessly accepted that there was something going on with wooyoung and san, even though none of them dared address it. a silent agreement that no one was allowed to say a word against him again, or wooyoung would kill them in their sleep.

at first, san had been nervous as fuck, his nerves getting the best of him as he stumbled over every word, but when wooyoung brought him over to the group, the first thing mingi did was hand hyunjin some money.

and minho even gave a half smile. seonghwa just looked indifferent as usual, but he didn't glare or try trip san up.

another thing that san had learnt was that wooyoung was not out to his friends in any way shape or form. which he found ironic, because mingi and minho were both 'secretly' into guys, and he wondered if any of them knew that they were all hiding the same secret.

or that their constant homophobic slurs were irrelevent and perhaps even hurtful as they were technically directed at themselves. the slurs lessened, though, after hyunjin smacked minho after a particulary bad remark and told him to go suck jisung's dick.

san had laughed - and that was where their friendship had sort of started. hyunjin was not homophobic at all, and he was really welcoming to san, enough so that he smiled a little more and missed yeosang and felix a little less.

it was good. different, but good.

but, san's happiness was destined to be short-term,  apparantly.

in fact, by the time he realized he was happy enough to forget he was sad, it was too late to savour, because all it took was one phone call.

a phone call from his mother, asking him to bring his boyfriend to dinner with her and his step-father. the boyfriend he lied about to make it clear he was old enough to make his own decisions.

the conversation messed with him, because his mother sounded very calm, and told him his step-father was ready to be open minded. san was no where near ready to trust any word of this, and wouldn't be surprised if the man shipped him and wooyoung both off to conversion therapy in brunei.

that also brought the problem of telling wooyoung. the boy knew nothing of san's conservative step-father, let alone what he had done to san in the none too distant past.

and so brought them the conversation during a normal lunch break by jongho, which annoyed san because it was none of his brother's business and he really didn't want to talk about it.

hyunjin had just asked san to hang out with him at his dorm after school, he had accepted, and there had been lack of conversation because no one else was invited. san supposed this could have been offensive to the rest of the group in some way, but he didn't think much of it.