As we walked under his umbrella, he kept making sure I was ok.

"Cooper, trust me I'm fine." I said for what felt like the millionth time.

"Sorry, I'm just making sure." said Cooper as he held my hand.

We got to my car and he didn't let go, he pulled me into a hug and leaned into my ear.

"I don't know much but what I do know is that I like you, Kacey Smith, will you be my girlfriend?" said Cooper in a big rush of words.

I was absolutely stunned. I know it's cliche but damn did it work. And that's when I realised I hadn't said anything. I looked up to him and all I saw was hurt and disappointment.

"Hey, don't be sad, I haven't said no." I said as I put my hand up to his face and made him look at me.

"Then what is your answer?" asked Cooper.

"Yes!" I said with a big grin on my face. Cooper must of been expecting a no from me because it took a while for him to register what I said.

When it did register, he just scooped me up into his arms and kissed me.

(I know it's very cliche but meh it's cute)

After a while of standing there, kissing, we realised that Cooper had dropped the umbrella and we were just getting rained on.

"Shit, I better get home before I catch a cold." I said as I tried not getting my face more wetter than it .

"Yeah same here." said Cooper as he pulled his hoodie more over his head.

"Bye, I will see you on Sunday." I said as I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek.

"Wait, can I see you before then?" asked Cooper.

"Umm, sure, you have my number anyway just call me whenever." I replied as I picked up my football bag from the ground and opened my door.

"Bye, I'll call you soon." called out Cooper as I hopped onto my old car and started the engine. Instead of replying, I just waved and winked at him before driving back home.

----

Once I got home my good mood crumbled into pieces. My mother interrogated me to where I was, like she gives a crap anyway. I wish Dad got home earlier so I didn't have to deal with this shit.

If you haven't already realised, my Mum and I don't get along very well. I used to with my brother until last week and now he won't even acknowledge me. The only person I get along with in this household is my Dad. He is the only one that understands my need for space and independence. Unlike my mother who smothers me with questions if I'm gone for more than three hours.

Well at least she got me worked up for what I am going to discuss with the golden child now.

I storm up the stairs to his room and knock on his door until he gets off his fat ass and opens it.

"What do you want!" said Jayden with attitude as he swung the door open.

"You know damn well what I'm here for." I said with a stern voice.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." said Jayden with a smug grin on his face.

"You know what I'm talking about! You can't go and beat someone up for kissing me! Especially a fellow team mate who you used to get on with! oh and ganging up on him with your 'little' friends, you are so pathetic! I'm not a little girl anymore, I can't handle my own situations!" I shouted at him while my hands were going everywhere and my face was probably bright red.