Chapter 5

Kacey's POV

This week hasn't gone very well. My all so close brother hasn't spoken to me since he saw me and Cooper kiss at the party which was FIVE freaking days ago!

Today is football training and it has to be pouring down with rain. Don't get me wrong, I love playing in the rain but with my miserable mood, my head won't be in it.

Driving to training was a nightmare. I swear people become crazy on the roads when it's raining. As I pulled up into the parking lot, I saw the familiar Chevrolet Camaro in the first bay but no other cars. Surely Jane would of been here by now.

I grabbed my football bag out from the passenger seat and made a run for the club rooms. I got undercover and saw Cooper sitting against the wall with cones and balls in a mesh bag next to him.

"You know I have a feeling no one else is showing up." I said, catching his attention.

"Yeah, I even thought you weren't gonna show up." said Cooper as he glanced sideways at me.

"Me?!?!" I said, pulling a fake shocked look as I slid down next to him.

Normally Cooper would of been in a fit of giggles but he just gave me a small smile. With a frown I bumped his shoulder to get him to look at me properly.

"What's up buttercup?" I said that before I saw the other side of his face and by the look on my face he knew I saw what he had been hiding.

"Compliments from your brother." muttered Cooper as he pulled the hoodie up, covering his face.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I will get him to apologise! Why would you let him do that to you?" I said, as I put a hand over my mouth in genuine shock this time.

"It's not like I had a choice, he cornered me with some of the other guys from our team. And don't be sorry it wasn't your fault." said Cooper like it was a everyday thing to have a huge black eye and bruising on one side of your face.

Silence settled around us. I was lost for words, how could my brother do that to him. And then realisation set in.

"But it is my fault. I have to be Jayden's little sister and I had to kiss you at the party last week." I said just loud enough for Cooper to hear.

"Hey, I'm a big boy, I can handle being punched a few times, don't beat your pretty little self up about it." said Cooper as he put an arm around me.

"I will have a talk to Jayden though, it's wrong what he did to you, plus he had no right to." I said with a frown. All I heard was chuckling.

"You know, I could see you running for president one day." said Cooper as his arm tightened around me, making me lean into his side and he kissed me on the forehead.

Smiling, I looked down to my phone and checked the time. It was 6:30pm already.

"I don't think anyone is turning up." I said with a sigh.

"Well they shouldn't, I sent a text out, saying training was cancelled to everyone except you." said Cooper with a cheesy smile.

"You mean I could be in bed watching Avengers right now and you didn't bother to tell me?!" I said as I was trying to stop myself from laughing.

"Well that sounds a whole lot better than sitting out here." giggled Cooper.

"I'm gonna kill you!" I laughed as we went into a fit of giggling.

After we stopped giggling, Cooper stood up and held out a hand for me.

"Come on, I'll walk you to your car." offered Cooper.