Raina seemed to be more amused by Damon's question. She'd been coming to their house for years now, yet Damon was still questioning her on what she was doing there. The place was practically like a second home to her.

"Having dinner" Raina replied.

Damon crossed his arms. "Why?".

Ariel looked between the two, hoping that the battle between them could start a little later so it could serve as a distraction, rather than now, where it would just get Damon riled up.

Raina rolled her eyes. "Food is needed for survival" she said matter of factly.

"Don't play smart with me Raina" Damon snarled, stepping forward, but Raina wasn't one to be so easily intimidated. Especially by him.

"I'm not playing with you" Raina replied, and then frowned. "Don't you have college? Why are you always here?" She said.

"Mum and Dad are away, I'm responsible for Ariel" Damon started to say, and then shook his head. "Besides, I don't need actually need to give you an explanation" he added, remembering she wasn't his guardian or anything, that he need to explain himself to her.

Instead of carrying on the conversation, Damon shoved past Raina on the stairs and went to his room.

"Yeah, walk away" Raina called out loud. Then mumbled, "Prick" under her breath.

"Rain" Ariel then groaned from beside of her.

Raina turned to her, putting on an innocent look. "What?" She asked, with a shoulder shrug.

Ariel then sighed, leaning her head back in an exasperated motion, before looking towards Raina once again.

"He's in a bad mood now" she said.

Biting her lip slightly, Ariel started overthinking, that this was probably a sign for her not to go through with this. "Maybe I should just cancel with Kayden and tell him to come another night" she said, and started typing on her phone.

Raina grabbed Ariel's hand, making her look towards her. "Okay first off, your brother is always in a foul mood, it's like his default setting" she said and Ariel couldn't help the way the corners of her mouth tugged upwards. "Secondly, Kayden and you have become official, it's about time Damon finds out too" she said sternly.

"He'll kill Kayden" Ariel replied with nervousness.

Raina the shook her head. "No, he won't". Ariel smiled at that then frowned once again when Raina opened her mouth. "Injure, hurt, inflict seriously pain possibly, but not kill" she added on, unhelpfully.

Ariel narrowed her eyes at Raina. "Really not helping" she said.

"I'm messing with you" Raina laughed. "If things get bad, I'll step in, okay? Don't worry" she tried to assure Ariel, who seemed to be a bundle of nerves.

"I can't help it" Ariel shook her head.

Raina placed a hand on her shoulders. "Your boyfriend is coming to dinner, at least try and look happy" she said, to which Ariel finally smiled.

Her boyfriend, Ariel thought happily.

***

The girls began setting the table for dinner, when Damon walked into the room.

He looked at Ariel and Raina putting the plates down on the table, and noticed the flowers in the middle of the table which had him confused.

This seemed a lot more fancier than just a casual dinner between the three of them, Damon thought.

Damon's eyes then travelled towards the fourth setting on the table and his brows knitted together.