Slice of Sunshine

Start from the beginning

"You're burning up... are you getting sick?" Dongheon asked worriedly.

"Heon, please... stop." said Chris in a low voice. Dongheon's face filled with concern. "I think we really should separate. At this rate we might just do the opposite of what we want."

Dongheon sighed. It was relieving to know they were on the same wavelength.

"I've been thinking about it too. Since today will be our last as friends, let's enjoy it to the fullest, yeah?" Dongheon said, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Yeah." replied Chris quietly.

소디악

Minchan looked them over as they walked far apart from each other. They hardly ever looked at each other. It was like things had reverted back to the old days. Jeongin worriedly looked at them. Neither were sure if it was safe to approach either of them.

"Should we ask?" Jeongin whispered as they neared the theater.

"I say no for now, but you can try." replied Minchan.

Jeongin pulled him off to the side and had him lean close.

"Why aren't you two talking? Did you fight?" he whispered in Dongheon's ear.

"We decided we're better off apart. We were both concerned about staying together and what effect it could have on us." Dongheon explained as they waited for Chris to catch up. "We don't plan to hang out anymore."

Jeongin could only stare at him in shock. They were cutting each other out again. How could he save the falling tower? He racked his brain for an answer, but each one he came up with could easily be countered. It didn't seem like a little prodding would work this time.

"Do you at least still like Chris?" he asked.

"Of course I do. He really gets me, you know? Our weird sense of humor is the same and god he has such a sweet tooth. You should've..." said Dongheon who continued the story as Jeongin listened.

Jeongin could easily see how Chris actually made him feel. People could lie with words and if properly trained, their face. It was Dongheon's eyes that gave him away. The light that shone from them as he talked about Chris was bright.

"So basically, he makes you happy and excited for another day, huh?" said Jeongin in the middle of his story.

"Well, I mean yeah... if a friend doesn't make you happy then that's a bad sign." said Dongheon.

"You know exactly what I mean. Heon, stop lying to yourself. Both of you actually. Yes, you both gave separate reasons for not wanting to be with your destiny, but do you really want to pass up true happiness over something small like hating on predetermination?" lectured Jeongin as he was getting tired of Dongheon's foolishness.

They walked into the theater and Jeongin had happily jogged over to Minchan and clung to his arm. The duo watched as the couple took their seats.

"Hey, Chris..." Dongheon said as they walked to their seats.

Chris looked at him as they walked into the row.

"I'd like to know more about your displeasure with birthmarks." Dongheon said as previews played before them.

Chris took out his phone and started to text him. It wasn't that he couldn't say it aloud, it was more of he didn't want to.

 It wasn't that he couldn't say it aloud, it was more of he didn't want to