𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS YOU
chapter twenty seven. push the pain away. 

"So, you two are both detectives with the intelligence unit for the Chicago police department" the DCFS worker -Patrice- says, looking at a file

"Yes ma'am" Jay answers.

"And you're currently five months pregnant, Samantha?"

"That's correct" she says.

"So, let me ask...why do you think you two will be able to give Denise a better home than anyone else?" Patrice questions.

Sam clears her throat and looks at Jay then back at Patrice. "We can give Denise a better home because she's been through a lot in her life already and she deserves to be loved and brought into a good home and I know you might have some concern with us being police officers, but that only means we'll be able to protect her twice as much. We love Denise like she was our own"

"Hmm and you two aren't married"

"No ma'am. We're working on that" Jay answers, smiling at Sam.

"Okay, I'll call you by the end of next week with my decision" Patrice says, and Jay and Sam stand up and shake the DCFS workers hand.

Sam and Jay leave the office and walk down the hall to see Denise sitting in a room, reading a book

"Hey kiddo" Sam says, leaning on the door frame.

"Sam! Jay!" Denise smiles and runs over to the couple and hugs them.

"How are you?" Jay asks.

"Alright, I guess. I hate it here"

"Well, we just got out of a meeting with Patrice and she said she'll call us next week to see if we can take you" Sam says.

"Awesome"

"We gotta get to work, but we'll see you later, okay sweetie?" Sam smiles.

"Yeah"

🌙🌙🌙

Sam and Jay walk onto the unit, while Jay sits at his desk and Sam goes into Voight's office and sits.

"Hey, how was the meeting with DCFS?"

"Good...I think. Anything yet on Kallie Richards?" Sam asks.