𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS YOU
chapter nine. new york scandal , part 2.

Hernandez glares at the girl with the knife still at her throat and says, "You're right

Hernandez glares at the girl with the knife still at her throat and says, "You're right. I won't. But you know what I can do?"

Hernandez lifts Sam's chin up by the blade of the bloody knife, he had just recently used to cut Sam's stomach, right over her belly button.

"After what I went through with you for 2 years? Yeah I know. And you really think you scare me? You have another thing coming" Sam groans.

"Yeah I do actually"

"And how is that?" Sam questions.

"Because I know secrets. Secrets that you will never want anyone to know"

"Yeah? Like what?"

"That you were pregnant with my child" Hernandez tilts his head and watches Sam's face go completely blank, her throat dries up and her heart falls straight to her stomach, "I guess it's to bad, that you had a miscarriage, huh? I would've shaped that child into something great"

"Yeah too bad" Sam says coldly.

About a year into being undercover, Sam had gotten a little close with Hernandez, because it was her job and honestly at the time she couldn't deny his good looks even though she knew he was a monster. So the unthinkable happened...one night Hernandez went into Sam's room and raped her. Which ends with her getting pregnant. Sam was so upset with herself. She hated herself, she knows that it wasn't her fault but she was so embarrassed, still is. The only person that knows about it is Hank and Olivia and she knew that if anyone found out, that would be the end to everything. But before she could hide the pregnancy test, Paul saw her looking at it and he was so happy but then once she had the miscarriage that's when everything went downhill.

He hit her, got worse with the girls he was trafficking, started killing people himself instead of having his hitmen do it, he got so much more violent all because Sam lost his child and those innocent people dying because of her, she blamed herself for every single one and she still does. But even though her unborn baby was this monsters, she would have loved and cared for it, no matter what. It's all Nature v. Nurture.

And losing a baby, plus blaming herself for all the innocent people dying, really took a toll on her. And not having a support system that was around her, besides a few phone calls to Hank, it didn't really do much. Sam was on the edge of losing herself..again and she couldn't let that happen, so she finally went to her captain and told her that she wanted a fresh start and that's when she moved back to Chicago.