𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS YOU
chapter thirteen. prison ball.

"Hey Sammy

"Hey Sammy. I thought I might find you here" a male voice was heard from the front door of a local 24/7 diner, where Sam goes to whenever she's stressed and has a peanut butter cup shake to calm her nerves down.

Sam looks up to see a familiar face looking down at her, which puts an instant smile on her face.

"Hi, Justin" Sam says getting up and hugging the tall male, who instantly hugs back and nuzzles his nose into the girls neck. After a minute, they both sit back in the booth.

"What are you doing here?" Sam questions, raising her eyebrow.

"Well, you weren't answering your calls and if I remember right, you used to come here when you were stressed and have a peanut butter cup shake"

"Sorry, my phone died. And when am I not stressed"

"What's going on?" Justin asked.

"Let's talk about you..." Sam says, changing the subject, "You're in the army...never thought I'd see the day"

"I know right"

"And you're having a baby" Sam frowns as the memories flood her mind from when her and Justin were kids, especially when her first love is staring right into her soul.

Flashback...

14 years ago
June 2001

Sam lays on her bed, reading a magazine, when she hears a knock at her window, which she ignores thinking it's just a branch, but then she hears it again.

Sam gets off her bed and slowly makes her way towards her window, then she opens it and notices nothing there, until a hidden figure jumps out and scares the brunette, who then screams.

"Damn it, Justin" Sam says, while Justin climbs through the window, then Sam punches him in the arm.

"Ow...come on, babe. It was pretty funny"

Sam glares at her boyfriend and sits on her bed, and says, "My mom's home, she's sleeping"

"Look, I'm sorry, okay. I didn't know she was home, she never is"

"Well, that's life of a narcotics detective, right?"

Justin nods his head in agreement, because his dad is in the gang unit.