five

"Remember just look from afar and don't talk to him yet." Jack says through my phone.

"Jack I remember what to do. Why have you been doubting me these past few days?"

"I don't know. People start to forget things the longer they work." He says and I can hear him shrug through the phone.

"Okay, I'm here." I say and hang up without question.

I enter the bar and sit on one of the stools. A bar boy comes up to me, asking what I want without saying a single syllable.

"I'll take an iced tea for now." I say simply and he nods, trodding off to the other side to take more orders.

I scan all the dancing, sweaty bodies filling the bar. I spot two people, one the guy I'm here to keep an eye on for tomorrows kill, and two the one person I have been trying to avoid. He sits down at the empty stool next to me.

"How the hell do you always find me?" I say louder than I should because the music isn't totally blasting.

"Because I have a talent for picking out beautiful faces out of a crowd." Will winks at me.

"Real charm aren't you Poulter?" I say and look over his shoulder still keeping an eye on my kill.

"How'd you," I cut him off before he can go on.

"I have the decent skills of a professional hacker." I say flatly.

"What can you not do?"

"Let's start with you." I laugh to myself.

At the perfect timing the bar boy comes with my drink and pulls his attention to Will. Will just shakes his head and the boy moves on.

"That was a really lame attempt to make a joke." Will says unhappily.

"But I did and it worked. It just wasn't what you wanted to hear." I laugh again.

"Anyway, why are you here? Shouldn't you be handing something in to Jack and then going to your small apartment?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Wow aren't you one to be the judge?" I snap at him "I'm here for work, the kill isn't until tomorrow." I explain.

"Oh so the stalk your prey method?" He asks like it's so obvious.

"The what? Never mind it doesn't matter, what matters is I figure out his next steps." I say.

"You never take a break from your job do you?" He asks dead serious.

"Not when I have a huge case like this I don't." I say simply.

"What's this guy in for anyway?"

I am about to say when I remeber I am not allowed to talk about my cases. I keep my mouth shut and act like I didn't hear him. He stands up so he blocks my veiw. I move my head so he is out of the way, but he moves back so he is in my way still.

"Poulter move out of the way before I cut your limbs off and make you watch." I threaten him and he just smirks.

"Love, you won't even try it. Just talk to me doll face, I want to know more about you." he whines and it's then my turn to smirk.

"Okay you want to know more about me? I came home to my gay dads dead in our living room and found out that it was my mother who killed them in rage in one of my dads because he broke it off and found out he was gay. There is that enough for you?" I say quickly and end it with a smirk.

He stands still and stops trying to block my veiw. I can tell that he is shocked by what he just heard, but honestly I dont really care because he asked. He continues to stand there frozen in shock.

"If you are going to look like an idiot at least sit down." I say to him, so he moves out of my way.

He does as I said and sits back down in the stool next to me. I mix my iced tea together and look over to my left and see that my guy has vanished. I quickly stand up and drop a ten on the counter for my drink and walk out. I go out the back door because that's they way he must have gone.

Will is right behind me, even though he didn't say anything he was highly aware on what was going on. We both end up in the back ally and I see my guy turning the corner. I follow quietly and make sure my footsteps don't echo off the bare ally walls.

I get to the corner and I hear an other voice, this one I reconize. It's Jack's.

"Did she keep an eye on you?" I hear Jack ask.

"Yeah, but there is one thing. She was with that Will guy, the one from Domian." I hear, who I thought was my next kill, say.

"Thanks for the information." Is all I hear Jack say before their footsteps end up fading.

"Will we need to get to the nearest coffee shop now!" I whisper even though I know they are gone.

"Not until you tell me why you said what you said back in the pub." he says and grabs my wrist, so I dont walk away from him.

"I was just being honest Will, isn't that what you wanted?" I say and release my wrist from his grip.

...

We make it to the coffee shop and I pull my laptop out of my backpack that was locked in my bike. I connect to the Wifi right away and start to work. I punch in letters and numbers and I am soon where I want to be.

"What are you doing?" Will asks.

"Hacking into Jack's desktop that is back at the warehouse." I answer simply.

"Why do you need to hack into Jack's computer anyways?"

"Why do you have to ask so many damn questions?!" I say frustrated "Could you please just go get me a latte?"

"Fine." he huffs and walks away.

I start to get to work and end up getting into Jack's computer. I copy all the files onto my laptop and then leave Jack's computer before anything else happens. I start to look over files until I find what I am lookig for. An evil smirk streaches over my face.

"What did you find?" Will asks, setting my coffee down next to my laptop.

"Answers, a whole lot of them," I grin. "I found information on a whole bunch of things, Jack's personal things, files of all the other killers in the system, but most importantly your file. I know what you did to Jack, Will."

-:-:-:-

Cliff hanger! sorry but it just makes it better!

This story is so close to 1k which blows my mind! Thank you all so much! It means the world to me for you guys to read my story!

Well its 3am right now so I'm going to go to sleep now!

I love you guys!

-Brooke