"That should fit." I smiled to myself as I tried to pull the sweater on over my head, but it got stuck on my glasses. I struggled, trying to get my arms through so I could take my glasses off. 

I heard Beatle let out a breath and then felt him guiding the hoodie around my glasses. It smelled just like him, like mint and vanilla.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of his room and down the stairs to the foyer where our shoes were sitting.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked as he slipped on his DC shoes. I shrugged in response, awkwardly put on my uniform dress shoes. 

"Anywhere." Beatle smiled at my answer and was about to open the door when Jill called his name out.

"Yeah, Mom?" He yelled back in annoyance. Jill walked towards us, I could tell she came from the kitchen by the sound of her heels against the hardwood flooring.

"Where are you guys going?" She questioned with an inquisitive look. She was wearing a dark blue dress that matched her eyes and went to her knees with a blazer over top. I had no idea what she did for a living, but she definitely wasn't a preschool teacher like my mother.

"Out," Beatle stated with an eye roll as he reached for the door knob for a second time.

"Did you ask permission?" She teased, pointing a finger in our direction. It was obvious she was only doing it to annoy Beatle.

"Mom!" 

"Jill, leave the kids alone," I heard Christina call from the other room. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Why do you always overpower me?" Jill turned her attention towards Christina and stomped off into the other room.

"It's seven, it's not like they are going to a rave."

"I know that! But it's the principle behind the thing!"

Beatle mouthed the words, let's go. And so we did. He opened the door and just as we were slipping out you could hear Jill yell, "Be safe boys! Say no to drugs and yes to condoms!" I burst into laughter once we were outside and Beatle muttered something under his breath.

We were out on the side walk in the soft snow fall. It wasn't too cold outside, it was hard to believe that it could possibly be zero degrees.

The fresh snow crunched satisfyingly beneath our feet and I stuck my tongue out to try and catch a falling snowflake, and Beatle rolled his eyes at my immaturity.

"So, where are we going?" He asked me as we shuffled down the sidewalk. Snow decorated his hair and his eyelashes. It wasn't exactly like there was anywhere to go in this small town. People usually drove cities over to go out, but it was too late for that. Driving though the town it appeared to be no more than a handful of gas stations, a Walmart, and many churches.

"I don't know," I replied. I puffed air out and watched it swirl upwards.

"You like books, right?" I nodded and he smiled.

☆☽

"Wow," I said in awe. Beatle pulled the door open to the small hole-in-the-wall store that I had never heard of before, it was well hidden. There were rows of books upon books. Old books, new books. Some were still bound with leather while others looked freshly printed. It was a used books store. The bell chimed as we entered and I rushed over the rows of fiction novels.

"How did you know about this place?"

"I like to read." He said with a shrug, and I observed him skeptically. I trailed a finger along the spines of the books, stopping periodically.