Stay - Epilogue

"Come here, I wanna show you something," I said to Calum, taking his hand and walking him up to my bedroom.

We were in the living room, talking and half watching the show that was playing on the tv. It's been a week since my first date with him that I didn't have to hide from my parents and every day since then, something has been nagging at me.

"What is it?" he asked as we reached my room. I didn't reply as I sat him on my bed.

I pulled out the box and held it in front of Calum.

"What is this?" he asked.

I opened it and each envelope, in the order I'd written them in was sitting in the box.

"I just thought I should show you this. You're the only one who knows about it," I said.

Calum opened the letters and read them one by one. I couldn't exactly tell his reaction to them, which I wasn't sure how I felt about.

"You wrote all these?" he asked.

I nodded.

"You know I'm never going to leave you right?" he said, leaning in and kissing me on the lips.

I nodded. I hoped he wouldn't, I was so in love with him.

"Good." He kissed me again. "Now let's go watch some movies or something and cause all kinds of trouble."

~~~

3 Months Later

"Ellie, this is Ashton and Michael and you already know Luke," Calum said as he introduced me to the other members of 5 Seconds of Summer.

"It's nice to meet you," Ashton smiled and shook my hand, as did Michael and Luke smiled and gave me a hug.

"I hear Calum is planning something pretty big," Luke said to me, and Calum turned bright red.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said quickly. "Can we rehearse now?"

Luke grinned at me and they all grabbed their guitars and I sat on the couch to watch them.

I wasn't surprised at how good they were, I'd heard them once or twice before.

"Calum are you going to do the thing or not?" Luke said, pressuring Calum.

"Give me a minute!" he said.

I looked between the two of them confused and Calum walked up to me nervously.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I just really love everything about you and I've never felt this way about anyone in my life," Calum said to me.

I was still beyond confused until Calum got down on one knee in front of me.

"Oh my God," I said quietly as he pulled out a ring.

"Ellie, will you marry me?" he asked, smiling nervously at me.

"Yes! Of course I will!" I threw my arms around him and he lifted me in a hug and held me close to him.

I pulled away a little to kiss him.

"Isn't that cute?" Michael said, snickering and ruining the moment.

I couldn't help but laugh as Calum slid the ring onto my finger.

"I love you," he said and kissed me again.

"I love you too."

~~~

6 Months Later