Chapter 5

"You're beautiful it's true."
-James Blunt

Kai's POV

    I looked at Sofia walking into Parenting class holding her books close to her chest as if they were a barrier against the outside world

I looked at Sofia walking into Parenting class holding her books close to her chest as if they were a barrier against the outside world. She finally looked at me to see me waving her over. I patted the seat next to me, and she walked over.

"What up youngin'," I said as she put my books down on the desk.

"I'm not young, I'm inexperienced," she laughed.

"Your laugh is cute," I complimented. She blushed her mahogany skin tone turning warmer, and put her head on the desk to cover it. "I already seen you blushing."

"You suck," she said playfully pushing me. "And thanks."

"No problem," I said. Things got quiet after that not awkward quiet, but the quiet that signified we were just enjoying each other's company.

"Bitch you in my seat," a voice said interrupting us from our peaceful bliss.

"Oh," Sophia said gathering her books.

"Sophia," I said looking at her "Huh," she asked standing.

"Sit down," I said.

"But she," she started.

"Sit down," I said again, she looked at the girl and put her books back on the desk, not fully sitting down.

"Makaila," the girl complained.

"What Aaliyah," I asked.

"She's in my seat," she said.

"We have partners in this class, and clearly I'm not your partner," I said.

"Oh so you picking this hoe," Aaliyah retorted rolling her eyes.

"Aaliyah, call her one more name," I warned.

She sucked her teeth. "Whatever Kai," she said flicking her hair before walking to the back of the classroom.

"Why you didn't defend yourself," I asked. She opened her mouth to answer but Mrs. Diobardi cut her off.

"Welcome to class on this lovely Autumn morning," she said perky.

"Morning," half the class said, while the other half looked at her stupidly.

"So it's the second week in September; time to really get into our lessons. So let me explain something to you. This class is a breakthrough of emotions, emotions that you have never released. You will tell your partner things you haven't told anybody. So before we start getting into the bulk of this class, make sure this is the person you want to spend the remainder of your school year sharing secrets with. I'll give you two minutes," she said before taking a swig of coffee from her mug.