chapter 6

I wake up to a cold, hard floor. I open my eyes, having to adjust to the dark. There's a little light coming from the small crack at the bottom from the door, telling me it's day time. I sit up and groan, pain shooting up my back and neck.

why the hell did I sleep in the bathroom?

As soon as I ask myself, the events of yesterday come rushing back. The worry, the screaming, the crying, the hate. It's getting harder and harder to breathe the more I remember. I stand up quickly and rush down stairs. Dizzy and unable to see do to standing so fast, I fall on the last step. I try to catch myself but fail miserably, making my fall worse. I yelp when I land on the tile. After a minute, I roll onto my back and stare at the sealing.

fucking ow.

I close my eyes and breathe. Calm down. I tell myself. Calm down. Once my breathing goes back to normal, I slowly stand up. In the process, I hear the front door open and look up to see some one I wasn't expecting, or really wanting, to see.

He just stands there and stares, not sure of what to do.

"Well? Are you going to come in or just stand there staring?" I snap.

He shakes out of his trance and closes the door. Just standing there.

"What."

""Uh," he looks nervous.

"'Uh' what? I thought you weren't coming back 'til later." I cross my arms.

"What do you mean? It's 5 in the evening?" He looks at me confused.

I furrow my brow and walk into the living room to check the time and, truth be told, it was a little past 5. Was I really asleep for that long?

I turn back around to face Louis, somewhat calmed.

"This is my house too, Harry. I can come and go as I please." He says out of no where, anger filling his tone.

"When did I say you couldn't? Don't put words in my mouth." I scowl, my anger coming right back.

"I didn't, you just looked like I barged into your house uninvited but I didn't because it's my house too."

"Never said it wasn't." I mumble, getting tired of fighting already. I walk out and into the kitchen before I say something I don't mean and grab a beer. I don't normally drink but, what's one drink going to do?

While I'm glaring at my shoes, I hear the front door open and slam, indicating that Louis left. I breathe out a breath I didn't know I was holding in and chug the rest of the beer, throwing away the bottle.

Well, fuck him too.

I feel like going for a swim, so I go upstairs, grab my trunks and change, heading back downstairs. On my way, I stop in the bathroom and grab a towel. When I open the back door, I am hit with a cold breeze, making me shiver a little considering it is august and it's under 60 degrees F outside (I'll be lucky if I don't catch a cold). I throw my towel on a lounge chair and jump in. The water feels good around my skin so I just let myself sink further and further. When my lungs scream for air, I push off the bottom and take a deep breath once I break the surface. Closing my eyes, I lay back and allow my self to float. Just float. Only focusing on my breaths and the water holding me up. It feels good. It feels good to just stop for a little bit.

I don't know how much time passes but when I open my eyes again do to the feeling of someone else getting in the water, the stars are out and shining brightly, begging to be noticed. Louis swims over to me and starts floating on his back too, watching the stars with me. Eventually, his hand reaches for mine and mine reaches for his and everything that happened dissolves. 

When we get out of the pool, we dry off and head inside. I end up taking my swimsuit off and just walk into the living room naked, looking at the time.

7.47

What? I was in there for over 2 and a half hours? It didn't seem like that much time had passed. I shake my head and walk into the kitchen to see Louis perched on the counter. He smiles when he see's me and I walk over between his legs and kiss him. We pour our apologies into the kiss. However, we have to break it up when my stomach growls for food, so I walk to the pantry, pull out a box of macaroni and make it.

I'm glad Louis' back. This house is too big for one person. Hell, it's too big for two people but Louis and I seem too fill it just right, together.