chapter 3

When we get to the studio, all the other boys are there and getting ready.

"It's about time you guys got here." Niall says

"Shut up, we aren't even late." Louis snaps.

He just rolls his eyes in return. When the rest of the boys stand up, we all go into the recording booth and put on the head phones and the music starts playing, I hear Niall start to sing.

I figured it out

I figured it out from black and white

Seconds and hours

Maybe they had to take some time

I know how it goes

I know how it goes from wrong and right

Silence and sound

Did they ever hold each other tight, like us

Did they ever fight like us

When Liam ends, I take a deep breath and start to sing, my eyes finding Louis'.

You & I

We don't want to be like them

We can make it 'til the end

Nothing can come between

You & I

Not even the gods above

Can separate the two of us

No nothing can come between

You & I

Oh

You & I

When I finish my solo, I look back over at Louis and see him smiling at me. I smile back then turn my attention back to the song.

I figured it out

I saw the mistakes of up and down

Meet in the middle

there's always room for common ground

I look over at Zayn to see that he was singing to Niall who was blushing like mad. When he finishes, he leans over to whisper something in his ear that has Niall smiling like crazy. I smile lightly and look to Louis who is also staring at the couple.

I see what it's like

I see what it's like for day and night

Louis then looks over at me and starts pouring his emotion into the song. I can also see tears in his eyes which breaks my heart.

Never together

'Cause they see things in a different light

Like us

But they never tried

Like us

By the time he's done, he has looked down and I can see him struggling to compose himself again. I also have tears in my eyes because of it. This song is about us, that's how we wrote it. We wanted to have a special song to tell our fans how we felt about each other and it signifies our relationship perfectly. This time, when I start singing, I tell every one in the room how I feel by the power of my voice.

You & I

We don't wanna be like them

We can make it 'til the end