Chapter 30

Axel made me wait out on a path as he 'dealt with the body'.

I couldn't help but shift from foot to foot as I glanced around, expecting someone to catch us out and know what was going on. I felt slightly sick but managed to remain steady. 

It didn't take him long to return- only a few minutes before he was walking back towards me, dusting his hands off. 

Axel and I were back on a path, walking. 

I glanced at him as he walked beside me, and despite his roughed up appearance after the fight he had, he still had a smile on his face. 

I turned my head back and looked down at my feet as I walked. My mind was still on the words the two vampires from earlier said. My father George was continuing his rampage and Luciano may be in danger because of it. 

"What happens if Luciano keeps doing what hes doing?" I asked Axel not having to go into specifics as he knew exactly what I meant. 

Axel put a finger to his chin tapping it lightly as he walked, pretending to be thinking. 

"Hm," he said thoughtfully, then with a cheerful expression, "-die, perhaps?" he answered. 

The thought immediately made me frown.  

I had a gut feeling that there was another disaster approaching soon. Even tho we had relocated and left behind my old town it seemed that death followed. Luciano was on a mission to end the annual feeds as well as the vampires who acted recklessly but to what extend? 

In the time I've known Luciano I've developed an attachment to him that I couldn't describe. But I didn't want him to leave or die as he was the only thing I now had. 

My mother was non existent in my life, rarely home from since I was a child and perhaps now, dead. And my father; a vampire who didn't care about killing humans. 

I wanted to help Luciano. Perhaps what I felt was a sense of protectiveness over the only creature that meant something to me. 

As we neared back to what was somewhat home, I slowed down and eventually stopped walking. 

Axel noticed and mimicked my movements before also stopping. 

"Dear Grace?" he questioned, tilting his head, that taunting smile never leaving his face. 

"Teach me," I suddenly said in a small, uncertain voice. 

Axel didn't respond and continued to stare down at me. 

"To fight," I paused, "-to do something. To help Luciano," I said looking at him blankly. 

I wasn't exactly sure what I was after or wanted to do myself.

"Teach me," I blinked.  

Axel didn't react. After a few seconds he pouted. 

"Why wont you protect me?" he said with a mock sad voice. He then grinned his devilish grin. 

I wondered if he'd deny my request. But I knew what he was like- easily excited by anything. 

"Follow me," he purred. 

I knew it perhaps wasn't the best of ideas and that Axel was perhaps the craziest of vampires I've met. But I didn't feel the same danger I did with other vampires- but uneasy nevertheless. 

Despite this I followed Axel as he led me off of the path. 

We walked into a park like field. It was empty, and a bit further in amongst some trees, was some area where Axel stood.