chapter 09

3 MONTHS LATER

"nick c'mon we're gonna be late" i shouted from down the steps. right now nick and i were going to his mom's wedding.

"coming babe, i think you're more excited than my mom" he says walking down the steps in his wedding attire.

"weddings are so exciti—" i started but stopped when i looked over at him and saw how handsome he looked.

"don't you look handsome" i smiled and walked over to him straightening out his collar. he smiled and kissed my cheek.

"thanks baby, you look good too" he winks and kisses me. nick's hand traveled down to my butt and i knew this would turn into something more if i didn't stop it.

"ah! no we have to go" i said in between kisses. "the wedding can wait." he says pulling me closer.

i quickly pulled away and began to walk out the door "later" i winked and his smile grew wider. with that we both grabbed our things and made our way to the venue.

"oh honey, im so glad you guys are on good terms again" deb cooes and it made me smile to know how much she liked me.

"well thank you i'm so happy for you, everything looks amazing and you look beautiful" i smile and kiss her cheek.

"we'll see you out there than mom" nick says and hugs her before walking out hand and hand with me.

"babe, i have to pee really bad" i say "really kaylani? the wedding is about to start" he says and i only smile.

"sorry, i'll meet you in there" i say and kiss him. "i love you" he says and makes his way to the room where the reception would be held.

i quickly run all over the building trying to find the restroom but it was no where in sight.

"looking for something?" i heard a voice call from behind me. i quickly turn my head around and immediately wished i had gone into the room with nick.

"ah, i remember you pretty lady" he winks and i instantly freeze up. i didn't know what to do, the person who i feared most and who i wishes to never see again was standing right here in my face.

"i-i'm gonna go" i manage to croak our of my now dry mouth. "oh no no i think we should go for round two" he says and grabs my arms but i pull away.

about fifteen minutes had passed and i knew nick would come looking for me soon so i just decided to not run and just wait for him.

"you took off so fast without even saying goodbye, now that wasn't nice was it" he whispers so close to my ear and he was now grabbing my chin.

i let a tear slide down my face because seeing him brought back so many memories. he scarred me for life and i still want over it.

"kaylani?" i hear nick's voice call from a far and i quickly sigh and wipe my now tear stained face.

"what's been taking you so long i was wai— julian? what are you doing out here you're supposed to be in there too" nick sighs.

"wait.. you know him?" i ask and nick immediately nods

"he's my cousin"

all the air completely left my body. i couldn't tell nick that his own cousin did those horrible things to me. he probably wouldn't even believe me.

"babe?" nick calls me and i snap out of the trance i was in.

"are you okay, you look like you've seen a ghost?" nick jokes and both him and julian laugh.

"uh—i- yeah i'm fine...let's just go" i say quickly walking away from the uncomfortable situation. nick catches up to me and julian follows behind.

"you sure you okay? you don't look okay. we can go home if you wa—" he begins but i cut him off

"i'm fine nick, let's just go in there" i sigh and he just nods.

i was not going to tell him the truth at all.
-
it's short but shocking !!! make sure to vote and things . i appreciate you all <3