chapter 04

"what the hell is she doing here" alexys snaps and everyone looked at nick for a response but he just stood there dumbfounded.

"he didn't know i was here but im gonna go" i said standing up gathering my things "no don't go" kelsey pleaded but i couldn't stay here with her. "no i really have to it was nice meeting you though, i hope we could hang out sometime" i smiled and she did the same in response.

i made my way to the door and for some reason i just wished nick would have stopped me but unfortunately that didn't happen. i began walking down the stairs of their front porch and i heard someone call my name, it wasn't nick though.

"hey, im sorry about that" austin appears in the doorway and he wore a look of sympathy. "it's fine, it was not my place to come here. i had no idea that he was seeing someone i should have just minded my business."

"you heard the song huh?" austin asks while sitting down on the step and patting the spot next to him for me to do the same. i simply nodded in response to his question. "i thought it was about me but jokes on me" i sarcastically laughed.

"nah it was about you" austin assures me "what the fuck im confused..it was about me but alexys is in there"

austin sighs i could tell he didn't know what to say. "i think he's just confused, i mean you did leave so he thought you didn't want him anymore. i can tell that isn't true but trust me he waited. and as for alexys we just saw her at the bowling alley and she basically invited herself here"

i let out a tear gathering all the information austin has just told me. "so, what do i do?" i sighed and he shrugged his shoulders "that's up to you and what your heart wants" and i knew he was completely right.

i never really got a chance to get to know austin like the rest of them but i could tell from this one conversation that he was smart and had a heart of gold.

"im gonna go back, go with me?" i wiped my tears and stood up. "if you want me to" he says "yes, i want you to" i smiled and we both made our way back into the house.

we walked back in the house and everyone was sitting in the living area smiling. nick was the only one who was sitting there looking like he saw a ghost.

i cleared my throat to let everyone know of my presence. "nick can i speak with you?" i asks and he immediately nodded and stood up. i looked over at alexys and she looked shocked. i don't think she expected him to say yes.

nick and i walked upstairs to his bedroom. i sat on the edge of his bed and he followed making sure to close and lock the door behind us. i really didn't know what to say right now. i just knew i needed to speak to him.

"hi" i said. and he lifted his head towards me in response "how have you been?" i asked "cut the bullshit. i know why you're here" he said.

"the song" he mumbled. and i just nodded "i didn't know you felt that way, i-" nick cut me off "let me ask you this" he starts and i nod signaling for him to continue "if you didn't hear the song, would you have come?" he puts his head down.

in all honesty i wouldn't have. the song gave me a reason to see him. "no" i whispered "wow" he scoffs. "i always wanted you to be happy, i felt like if i came around then that would go away. you saw what i caused between you two" i cried.

"bullshit, i don't believe you. do you know how hard it was for me to be away from you , or see you on instagram with someone else" he says and a tear falls from his eye. "that's not-" i began but was cut off again by nick.

"that's now what huh? that's not what it looks like? fuck off" he snaps. "for the life of me i can't understand why you're so fucking confusing. you write a song about me then you're here telling me to fuck off" i cried.

"i came back because i fucking love you. and if you can't see or accept that im not gonna waste my damn time, so you can fuck off and have a nice life" i screamed.

i stormed out of the room and down the steps not looking back. if he wanted to be that way then oh well.

i got home and immediately began crying again. i can't believe he was acting that way. if anything austin said was true then i knew he loved me. maybe he was just caught off guard by me being there. maybe he was showing off for alexys.

the whole thing was stressing me the fuck out and i couldn't sleep. i just layed there in the dark staring at the ceiling, thinking how i got put in this position.

.
i finally put austin in the story and i couldn't just make kaylani and nick get back together like that. we needed some drama lol but trust they'll be together soon! i hope you enjoyed the chapter songs forget to vote and comment !!!