Chapter 9

Andy stood in a desolate and rocky valley. It was bright, perhaps midday. With the sun beating down onto him Andy scanned the area around him and found a group of fifteen individuals standing 20 feet away from him. Among the group was Lukas, George, and Julia. They were leading Andy to assume that it was The Round Table.

They were all talking to a man in a white hooded cloak. It seemed that some of them were arguing with him. Andy walked up to them and started to pick up on their conversation.

A man with spiked jet-black hair and katana strapped to his hip was speaking. "Jason, I completely disagree with this. If he is a Host, then he should have a more difficult selection than that."

The hooded man whose name was Jason said. "No Lester, he was just severely injured during an encounter with the God of Wind. An average trial will yield the most accurate data on his combat ability at this time."

Lester looked at Jason and scowled, and then a man in a suit of Iron Man-like armor said "Injured or not, Julia herself already healed him to the best of her ability. He needs to be given a more accurate assessment of his capabilities because he is a Host, and to the God of Judgment no less."

Jason looked at the armored man and said "Mike, I understand what you guys are getting at. But if he underperformed against someone of your caliber, then that will hinder him. Then we would have to take into consideration his injury. But if he fights someone on a much lower level of power and he defeats them, then he would have defeated a Round Table member while having an injury."

Lester spoke up again "Okay I get what you're saying. I'll agree to go along with your plan."

Andy finally spoke up "What happens if I beat a member of the Round Table?"

The group turned to him, and Mike spoke "If you beat a member of the Round Table then you become a member yourself. We were just talking about the level we wanted to give you as selections for your opponent."

Andy stopped him and said "So let me summarize how this is divided. One half wants to give me a simpler opponent because of my injury, and the other half wants to give me a stronger opponent because I'm a God's Host. Is that right?"

Mike, Lester, and Jason nodded.

"Who has the final say?"

Lester said "Jason, he is our leader at the moment. That's why we are talking to him to try and persuade him."

Andy looked over at Jason "So what happens if I want to select my opponent that might not be in either group?"

"Then we will go with your decision."

"Good, then let's come to a compromise then. I pick you, Jason."

There was silence all around them, and Andy continued. "That way I fight who someone who isn't weak, and you can go as easy on me as you feel that you need to."

Everyone on the Round Table laughed except for Jason. Lester said, "That would be a good idea, but Jason doesn't know the definition of going easy while in a fight, that is why he's never lost a match."

"Even so, you think I'm weaker because I'm injured. I intend to prove you wrong."

"Andy, I don't recommend you doing this. You're still young and inexperienced; you won't fare well against him." Damus whispered to him.

"It will show me where I am and where I need to get to. I need to get stronger. I need to make Pyesis pay."

"If you repeatedly fight people that you can't beat, then that could hinder your progress. If you go up against people closer to your abilities, then you gain experience and confidence."