Ch13: Coloured Confrontations

"We have no time they are after you come with me" I said holding my hands out, "Leila there are officers around the city looking for you, you have to come with me" before I could finish one of the officers saw her and Shouted "Hey!! You Stop right there!" out of the blue; we were being chased.

"We need to move now!" I grabbed her hand and climbed up the building and I started skipping Skywalks until we reached the city I went to the streets blending with the crowds. I deviated through allies until we reached an old abandoned theatre I took her hand and let her through a secret passage right through the blocked doors.

She Stopped suddenly and looked at me "Why did you help me? I really don't understand. You should've let me get caught. Why did you save me again?" her eyes tearing up again.

 "What do you mean?" I said.

 "I think that is enough, I know you won't forgive me but at least be angry at me" She turned her face the other way "I don't want your pity." I could see she was crying. 

"I am not pitying you Leila, I still love you." 

She turned her face at me suddenly she had a pained expression on it "I know I've wronged you but this is cruel don't you think? Stop torturing me stop giving me hope when clearly there isn't." she looked at me. "Why?" as if something broke inside of her she started pushing me and hitting my chest with her hands while tears cascading from her eyes. She fell to her knees holding her face between her palms.

I embraced her and let her cry for a while " Leila I am not fooling around or trying to get back at you" I said " I really still love you, always did since that day at work when I asked you out , I knew you were the one for me." She looked at me in confusion "but why?" she interrupted.

"Because you broke me, because you changed me forever, you let me in then suddenly I was kicked out, I felt hurt." I decided to let out all the feelings I kept the past year. "I lived a plain life, I was content with it until you came, I could not endure another heart break." I said "I was shocked, even ruined when you told me I was just a filthy red." Now I was holding her face in my palm. 

She hugged me and whispered "I am sorry, I am really sorry." We stayed like that for a while. "Would you give us another chance?" I pulled her up to her feet. "Why do you think I came back?" she threw her arms around me and whispered in my ears "I came back for you."

"Well since we are already here, I think you should see the beauty of Emerald city" I was interrupted by a ring. 

I got a call from Emerald "hey darling I found her, don't worry but I will bring her to you, she need to see the marvels of Emerald city my beautiful Emerald." 

Right after I hang up I found Leila staring at me as if I killed someone. "What's wrong darling?" I approached her "Who is Emerald?" She said firmly.