2

august 20

"oh my GOD!"

minho found himself once again awoken by his noisy next-door neighbor. this time, it was his loud voice, followed by a laugh that was just as loud, if not louder. minho opened his eyes, looking over to his clock to check the time. he squinted at it, his vision still blurry from having been asleep only moments ago. the clock read 4:16.

minho sat up, sighing as he did so, preparing to knock on the wall to make jisung shut up just like he had the night before.

"stop making me laugh, i don't wanna wake up the person in the apartment next to mine!" jisung's voice was hushed as he spoke to whoever he was talking to. minho assumed he was talking on the phone to a friend.

"you already woke me up," he said loudly, covering his ears suddenly as jisung screamed minho's name in surprise.

a very faint "oh my god, you just screamed in my ear," could be heard, presumably from the phone, which put a small smile on minho's face. 

"i'm sorry! he scared me," jisung explained to his friend. minho just rolled on his side, rubbing his eyes and pinching the bride of his nose in annoyance.

"why are you even awake this late!?" minho asked, and jisung fell silent. after a moment, he laughed.

"i forgot you couldn't see me. i just shrugged, by the way. i don't know, i can't sleep." he paused for a second, then spoke to his friend again. "okay, goodnight!"

"you're going to wreck my sleep schedule right before classes start again," minho whines, pulling his blankets up to his chin and curling into a ball, still feeling cold despite how many layers he had covering him.

"you go to college too?" jisung asked, still sounding as cheerful as ever, ignoring minho's complaints. "twinsies!"

minho was certain he could feel his brain cells dying from how tired he was.

"this is going to be my first year, what year are you in?"

"i thought freshmen had to stay in dorms?!" minho exclaimed, not bothering to answer jisung's question.

"not if they stay close enough to the college!"

"oh, how wonderful for me..."

"pardon? i didn't catch that."

"it doesn't matter. now, if you would kindly shut the fuck up and let me sleep, i'd appreciate it. the walls are thin."