1

august 19

minho was proud of himself.

he had made it through another year of college with flying colors and would soon move onto his third year. it was also this year that he had decided that he had lived in the college dorms long enough and had packed up his (few) things and rented an apartment that was not too far from his college. he was pleasantly surprised when he had found that renting the apartment was cheaper than staying at the dorms, anyway.

minho was proud of himself, yet felt also incredibly stupid at the same time for not renting an apartment sooner. but he was happy, nonetheless.

he could finally escape his roommate and the loudness, obnoxiousness, and migraines that came with him. the time was only half-past six, hardly a time for sleeping, but the one thing that excited minho the most was the thought of being able to rest peacefully through the night without being woken up by his roommate that had decided that one in the morning was the perfect time to practice playing his saxophone. he was majoring in music, after all.

minho glanced around his new place of residence, looking forward to the time he would spend here.

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

minho felt his heart sink into his chest as he was jolted awake from his sleep. the cause? the person living in the apartment next to his was playing their music rather loudly. minho sighed deeply, feeling disappointed as he looked over to the clock, frowning as he saw it read 2:07.

typically, he wasn't the confrontational type, but, to put it simply, he was pissed.

he threw the covers off of his body furiously, suppressing a shiver as the cold air hit his skin. he sat on his knees, turning around to face the wall. he tapped his knuckles against the plaster, feeling satisfied as the music turned off abruptly. he was in silence once again. but before he could even lay back down, the music started again, making minho fume.

was it so hard just to get one undisturbed night of sleep?!

he turned around yet again, this time not bothering to hold back as he pounded his fist against the wall, hard. he flinched as he heard a scream from the other side of the wall. the music stopped again, and minho could hear the person in the other apartment panicking.

"oh my god, this apartment building is haunted!"  his words were slightly muffled, but were still clear enough for minho to understand him. "i'm gonna die, i'm gonna die, i'm gonna d--"

"the building isn't haunted, dumbass," minho said, rolling his eyes as he hears the person on the other side of the wall let out a startled squeak. "can you please turn off your music? i'm trying to sleep."

"wait, since when did someone live in the room next to mine...?" the voice ponders out loud.

"since today. now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going back to bed." minho uncrosses his legs and pulls the blankets back over his body, turning on his side and shutting his eyes.

"that apartment's been vacant for so long! i was starting to think that no one would ever rent it..." the voice rambles on, causing minho to groan loudly. the voice pauses for a moment. "um, are you okay?"

"peachy," minho says sarcastically, smacking his forehead with his hand as the voice accepts his answer happily and continues with his rambling.

"i'm jisung, what's your name?" the voice asks.

"minho. now, if you would kindly shut the fuck up, that'd be great. in case you haven't noticed, the walls are thin and it's two in the morning."

after a second of silence, jisung giggles.

"okay, goodnight, neighbor!"

was it too late for minho to go back to the college dorm....?