CHAPTER FORTY FOUR: Disarming Calm

Start from the beginning

I don't wanna lose anyone else...So many people died out there...Boy, Nicho, Erw-

Jean yelped as I shoved him back, taking his shoulders in my hands and jostling him enough so that my own head hurt.
"Jean, what happened to Erwin?!" He seemed more concerned about me moving around too much, and he tried to get me to calm down.
"H..he's alive, don't worry! But...he lost an arm...It's only been two days and he's already back to work...That guy is really something else..."

Right, then!

My size was no match for his as I tried to spring off of the bed, and for a few moments I was positive I looked like a feral cat as I flailed about in his arms, hissing and scratching.
"I need...to see him..!" I barked, immaturely biting at the material of his shirt and tugging until I felt the fibres fray.
"Qu..quit it, you maniac!" He snapped, sounding oddly flustered as he carefully pried me off, keeping his gaze on the far wall. "Y..you don't have any fucking pants on..!"

Well, shit.

I stopped struggling immediately, hurrying to yank the sheets over my lower half once Jean placed me down.
"W..well then go get me some, Kirstein!"

-----------------------------------------

It was slow moving once we left the infirmary. The bottoms Jen had grabbed for me were baggy and lose, but they worked well enough, and I held onto his arm for balance as we wandered into the building where Erwin had set up office.

Glancing up to my comrade, he was staring dead ahead, his brows knitted together, with a slight flush to his cheeks.
"Why do you look like you have a turd wedged up your piss hole?" I asked with a yawn, glancing up at him at just the right moment, seeing him splitter.
"Wh..what the fuck has that captain been teaching you?!" He spat, though no real aggression could be heard. "I..it's just that your...chest...is all up against my arm..."

Oh, so that's why...

I could have pulled away, but that never happened. Nor did I squish them closer. I just continued on as I had been, trying to pick up the pace once I could see his door at the end of hall.
"Slow down...I thought you two didn't get along...Y'know, after he nearly blew your brains all over the training grounds..." Jean muttered, forcing me to stay by his side.
"Yeah, well, he had his reasons for that..." I grumbled, unintentionally holding his arm a little tighter. "He's an ass...but his heart is in the right place...I think...Plus we go way back..."

"Maybe you could tell me about it sometime?" Jean coughed awkwardly when I peered up at him, trying to act unphased. "I mean, it's kind of shitty to think that I...we...don't know shit about you apart from you having been from outside the walls..." His reasoning was fair, but I wasn't sure. I didn't need any more pity, nor did I want to risk him having anything he could hold over me in future arguments.

Though...is Jean really that kind of guy..? He's being awfully nice to me...

Before I had a chance to respond, he was rapping on the large wooden door, and I paused in wait.
"You may enter." I was sure I felt bad for Jean somewhere deep in the recesses of my soul when I knocked him flying, but when that door opened, I made a mad, very stupid dash towards that head of blond that sat on the couch by the window. I barely even noticed Levi's presence when I shoved past him, diving into Erwin and pressing my face into his stomach, as I had become legless on impact.

"I SAW YOU FUCKING DIE, YOU EYE-MOUSTACHED FUCK!" The sob that I released was pathetic, and it only intensified when I felt his hand come down and brush through my (H/C) hair.
"I'm very much alive, (Y/N). Though, I weigh about ten pounds or so less now..." He sighed, and his voice sounded so warm and...normal. "I'm more concerned about what you're doing out of bed."