Once people had seen us sit down, they began to scatter themselves and take their places. I caught a glance of Oliver at the back of the room. I hated that we had to invite him; I was worried what he might do. We had sat him on a table right at the back so he wouldn't be anywhere near us. 

Once everyone had gone silent, Myrnin stood up. Oh no, it was the speeches.

If I said that I knew exactly what I was going to say, I would be lying. I had thought about preparing one, but then I didn't. It was a bit like when you would think about doing homework when you were at school, then it came to the day you had to hand it in and you had procrastinated so much that you hadn't done it in the end. I didn't enjoy having to prepare things, so I procrastinated. So I had no idea what I was going to say. 

'Thank you all for coming.' Myrnin began. 'Michael made me make a speech last night, so here it goes. To be honest, I wasn't going to.' Myrnin said, and some people laughed. Those were the people who knew Myrnin the best. 'I met Elizabeth when Amelie had sent her to help me out.' He said. 'I knew she was a Glass straight away; the red hair gives it away quite easily. I was shocked that someone could look that good.' He said, and I looked down, embarrassed. Myrnin looked at me and chuckled. 'I fell in love with the way she played the piano. Whatever Elizabeth plays, it will always sound delicate. Elizabeth saved my life, and without her, I wouldn't be here today.' Myrnin looked towards Oliver, who had a hint of a smug smile. 'In the past year that we have been together, it feels like we have been with each other much longer. I know forever is a long time - especially for us - but I will love Elizabeth forever.' Myrnin said. I was looking up at him and smiling. He looked down at me and smiled. Myrnin held his glass of champagne up. I was surprised that he hadn't switched to blood yet. 'To my beautiful wife, Elizabeth Glass.' He toasted, and the rest of the room followed, then clapped as he sat down. 

Myrnin looked towards me, and I stood up. I was nervous, mainly because I had absolutely no idea what I was going to say. 'Myrnin saved my life twice.' I began. 'First was in this building when I was staked.' I said, and didn't look towards Oliver. 'The second time when I fell ill in England. He went to England and came to fetch me and brought me back to Morganville. I had never been happier to see Morganville. At that point, when Myrnin came to England, I can't remember much. I know I was giving up. He was telling me to keep my eyes open, but my best friend had left me, and my chances of being in England had gone, so I closed my eyes, and I thought that was the end for me. But I had forgotten that I hadn't lost everything. I had my family in Morganville - Shane, Claire, Eve, and of course, Michael. I had Myrnin, who had come to take me back. That showed how much he cared for me.' I said. 'I have been through my life being bullied, but Myrnin has made me feel safe from everyone. To my mad-scientist husband, Myrnin Glass.' I said and raised my glass.

Myrnin smiled and held my hand under the table. 

Talking started up again as the speeches were over.

Myrnin was staring at me, smiling. 'What?' I said. 'I didn't make a speech.' 

'But you still managed to say something amazing.' He said.

I laughed and looked down towards my feet. I quickly looked back up. Myrnin laughed at me.

The night went on. Soon it was time for the first dance.

I had let Myrnin choose the music. I had made a list of songs which had gone missing. Anyway, I had so many songs I didn't know what to choose, so I had just told Myrnin to have whatever he wanted. 

A song that seemed familiar started playing as we walked towards the centre of the room. 

Heart beats fast, colours and promises,

Trust Myrnin to pick that song. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. It was from Twilight. To be honest, it had been on my list. I thought about finding that Twilight book after the fire, how I laughed at Myrnin and threw it away even though it wasn't burned. Only Myrnin would choose a song from Twilight because of that. 

Myrnin smiled at me and put his hands on my waist, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and we started swaying to the music. 

I have died every day waiting for you,

Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years,

I'll love you for a thousand more.

The whole room disappeared around us. It was just me and Myrnin. 

The song ended, and the room reappeared. I raised my eyebrows at Myrnin and he laughed. 

Some more music played after that and other people began dancing, then it was time for the cake.

It was a ivory, three tiered cake, with red fondant roses scattered around it. On the top it had a bride and groom with vampire fangs. This is what happens when you leave Eve to organise the cake. Myrnin grabbed hold of the knife and held it to the cake. I placed my hand on top of his and cut the cake with him.