~ Chapter 1 ~

- May POV -

Last Name, is what was stamped in black across thin white paper of the of the form. A last name, a way to show what family you belong to, a way to have a home or rather something that I'll never have. 

Jonathan. Yeah, it's my best friends name, though he'll only ever be Jonny to me. May Jonathan is who I'll be for the next three months and hopefully the rest of my life once I win this stupid tournament. But what is a don't win. What if I die?

I shake my head, thinking of something other than dying in a hurndred foot long circle by someone choking me to death.

I walk my shaking legs to the bowl of death at Jonny called it. I look at the almost full bowl, there would no way my name would get pulled out and I didn't have the money to buy anymore submissions. I still own Jonny 8.99 for just this one.

Though Jonny is my best and only friend, I didn't want to use him like many people have done. Jonny is the Beta son of the Dark Moon pack and all his 19 years has been training to take his farthers place one day. About two years ago was when I meant him at the farmers market, I was 18 while Jonny was 17. Rob's wife was sick so he sent me to the market to sell the vegtables, I thought I was out of work for a day but when I got back, he made me tind all the fields. I dont regrett it, I meant the most amazing person that day when he bought only cumbers.

Days after Rob's wife never got better and I kept going to the market and so did Jonny. After a year he stayed with me talk one day saying he thought he found his mate. But the problem was he didn't feel anything for her when they first met and still didn't after a couple of weeks together. On his birthday Jonny didnt come to the market to see me but the day after Jonny was in tears when he returned. Ashlynn, his supposed mate, ask him for two thousand dollars and left right after without a word and Jonny never saw her again.

Dropping my name in the glass bowl, I rushed out of there before I regrett my decision. I had to at least try to get in, it was the only way my life would at least be a little bit better or I would lose my life in a very slow death. Yeah, regretting my decision is the only thing I can think about now. Maybe it was stupid? I mean the bowl was almost full, no chance I with my one submission was going to get in.

Walking down the sidewalk, I pulled up my blonde hair that went to the middle of my back, I really needed a hair cut.

"Let's go for a run," my wolf Lily said. She hadn't been let out in a while and I couldn't get any food without stealing, so I had to hunt. 

"Ok ,"I turned the corner and headed to the woods. It wouldn't be till later that the Dark Moon packs Alpha would draw the names of the contenders for the tournament. I'll go the laundry mat and watch the broadcasting with Ginney who I made good friends with over the past 2 months.

I strip in a good hidden spot in the woods, hanging my clothes on a branch. I start to shift, bones cracking and fur forming, I run on full sprint into the middle of no where. I run without stopping, my mostly white fur brushing in the wind. My paws were pure black that faded into white, Rob said that I caused darkness wherever I stepped and thats why the his wife died. I was almost died that night by him beating me and letting me bleed my wounds out in the cellars.

Finding a stream I stop and take a long drink until I smell the most amazing smell of cinnamon and almonds and something so masculine. But looking around no one is there, not even the sound of someone is near.

"Mate

"There is no one here, Lily." 

Instead of lisening to be Lily takes over and runs across the stream to the other side. She runs straight ahead and the smell gets stronger. 

You know your on pack territory

I voice I didn't reconize says in my head. I turn around and look to find the biggest and most beautiful wolf I've ever seen. A black wolf with white paws that fade up, just like mine.

"Mate

Lily walked closer to him and nuzzled her nose to his but he didn't move a inch. 

Do you wish to be killed, get off the territory. 

Lily wimpered and tried to nuzzle him again but it still didn't work. He wasn't moving or even looking at us. 

But-

Get of the territory   

With defeat and longing I walked back across the stream, Lily was still wimpering and begging us to go back, I blocked her out. 

I'm sorry 

I heard it in the smallest whisper, I thought I imaged it but when I turned around he was looking right at me until he left, walking away from us. Being distressed and heart-broken, Lily and I took off into the woods back to my clothes. Did he reject me? Does he not want us? Why did he say he was sorry? Did he want to be with us? 

Who was he? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, I know there are so many error's in this and I'm so sorry for that. Please point them out to me! Thank you🙂

See ya