Vacation

I sighed as I dropped my bag on the cold hard floor of my hotel room.

Despite me arguing about why I needed to continue working they insisted I needed this vacation.

It wasn't that I didn't enjoy the fact that I was getting some relaxation in, but the fact I didn't really know what to do besides sit quietly on the hotel bed waiting for freetime to be over.

I walked out of my room deciding that some fresh air may help me think.

As I hurried out of the building people stared at my uniform curiously as if they didn't really beilve it was real.

Why couldn't they fucking keep their eyes to themselves!

It wasn't my fault I was so young but even the people who knew what I was wearing was real think the Empire is crazy sending a child to war.

Little did they know that I signed myself up.

If I would have been rejected my life may have be completely different.

I could still be stuck in that orphanage for the rest of my life for all I know.

A gentle breeze blew across my face and I gave a small smile.

Knowing I got myself out of that place still made me happy.

It had always been dark and gloomy there with less food and water than there was at war camps.

If I had stayed I could almost garantee that I would be almost dead by now.

I looked around at the buildings signs until I found a little cafe.

A quick cup of coffee would be great.

I ran up and threw the door open then rushed to order.

A lady walked up to the counter and smiled cheerfully at me, "Hello Miss, what could I get for you today."

The friendliness of the woman's voice disgusted me but I tried not to show it and ordered my coffee.

"I would like plain black coffee."

The lady seemed surprised that a child would ask for such a thing, "Are you sure you don't want any milk or sugar?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yep."

I took the money out of my pocket and placed it on the counter.

The woman nodded and took the money, "Okay we'll have your coffee out to you in a minute."

I walked away quite annoyed that no one could accept that a child didn't like lots of sugar in their drinks.

I sat down at a table and waited patiently.

After a few long minutes the same lady placed my coffee on the table and smiled, "I hope you enjoy your coffee. Have a nice day!"

With that the person walked away from my table and left me savor every last drop of the coffee.

When I was half way done I realized that the same lady was staring at me from across the room.

I brushed it off and went back to my coffee.

Lady's POV

I watched the little girl curiously from the other side of the room.

I saw her turn her head towards me and I rushed into the back room.

Something about her seemed familiar.

I just couldn't put my finger on it.

That's when I realized how dumb I was being.

That girl had eyes I hadn't seen in years.

The same eyes as my husband's.

A beautiful bright blue.

But it couldn't be her right?

I frowned, there was no way of knowing if she was actually mine unless I asked her about her name.

That was a stupid idea though.

Even if she was my child then she would probably hate me for leaving her at that orphanage.

Maybe I could keep an eye on her for the rest of the day.

Yes I'd just leave early, I don't think anyone would care.

Back to Tanya's POV

As soon as I finished my coffee I got up and left.

That lady was really acting strange.

While I started exploring the town again I felt as there was something following behind me.

I turned around to check but saw nothing.

My imagination was probably just getting to me.

Not having a gun strapped to my back was making me think I was going to be hurt or worse killed.

Being X had said that if I died in this world I got no more reincarnations.

A second later I let out a gasp...of excitement that is.

A candy shop!

By the end of this trip I was either going to get fat from all the coffee and candy I was planning on getting or become broke.

Possibly even both.

Anyways I went inside and bought two bags full of my favorite candy.

Having a job as a child did have some benefits.

Being able to buy things for myself was amazing.

I could try to buy things like clothing for once maybe.

One of the biggest problems about that is that most places didn't make clothes in my size that weren't dresses.

These thoughts flew through my mind as I sat down and started eating handfuls of gummy bears.

I giggled to myself.

Despite having mostly the mind of a full grown adult the child part of me took control Evey once in while.

Sometimes it happened at bad times though.

Once recently I had started crying about being bored.

There were other incidents too, like Visha finding me playing with stuffed animals or wasting ink by drawing useless things like cats.

It almost felt as if not having much of a childhood in this life was catching up to me slowly.

These sorts of things happened more and more over the past year and being away from the battlefield for two whole weeks seemed like it was already taking a toll on me.

Yes I could just allow myself to do these things without worrying what others thought but being at such a high rank and acting like a child would most likely end up getting me in trouble.

All I could do now was wait as the week went by and see what happens.

(Oh My Gosh! I as finally able to reach over a thousand words! This new story is something I've thought about writing for a few days now but have just now started writing it. The Saga of Tanya the Evil is my favorite anime ever and there aren't to many stories I could find on Wattpad.
So, I'm glad to add my new story to the small collection we have. Now here is the grand total of words including this note. Exactly, 1100 words not including this sentence!)